Here are the car events for this week. Even though the number of events is beginning to taper off, there are still car shows and cruise-in scheduled into November. Don't put those cars away just yet.
CLICK HERE to skip the News and Notes section and go directly to the list of events.
NEWS AND NOTES:
Empty Pockets Cruisers Trunk or Treat Car Show:
The Empty Pockets Cruisers Car Club held their 8th Annual Trunk or Treat Show on Saturday at the Hilliard Presbyterian Church in Hilliard, Ohio.
The Empty Pockets Trunk or Treat event has always been one of my favorite shows to attend. And Saturday's show was no exception. Everyone seemed to be in the Halloween spirit. It felt like more cars came decorated this year than in past years. And more folks came dressed in costumes.
Despite the early morning rain, wet roads, and cool temperatures, the show managed to register more than 140 cars.
Plaques were awarded to the Favorite 40 cars and trucks and best costumes. The special awards included Best Decorations, Sponsors Choice, Church Choice, DJs Choice, and Kids Choice.
Here are some of the special award winners:
While the Trunk or Treat show is always fun, it can also be a little bittersweet because it signals the coming end to the car show season.
If you want to see more cars, trucks, and costumes from the Empty Pockets Cruisers Trunk or Treat Show, check out the show's PHOTO PAGE (Warning there are a lot of photos!).
Delaware Christian Church Car Show:
The Delaware Christian Church in Delaware, Ohio hosted their first-ever car show on Saturday. The Church registered around 55 cars. Registration and food were by donation. Dave Bratton, who attended the show, said there were a lot of cars he hadn't seen before. Dave participates in a lot of shows in Central Ohio so he is familiar with a lot of cars from around the area.
The Church presented spark plug trophies to their "Favorite" 15 cars along with trophies for the Best Bike and Pastor's Choice.
The Pastor's Choice award went to Cameron Striblin and his 1987 Ford F-150 Lariat. A 2021 Honda Trike received the Best Bike award.
For a first-time show, Dave thought the Church did a nice job. If you'd like to see more from the Delaware Christian Church Car Show, click on this PHOTO PAGE link.
St. Elizabeth Church Community Festival Car Show:
The St. Elizabeth Church off Sharon Woods Blvd. in Columbus, Ohio held its combined festival and car show on Sunday afternoon.
The Festival offered food and drink, games, and live music. The car show gave out dash plaques to the first 30 cars and also included a 50/50 raffle. The car show registered 60 vehicles.
The Church presented 25 Parish Awards. The special awards included a Pastor's Choice, Peoples Choice, two Parishioners Choice, and a Best of Show. In lieu of a trophy or plaque, the special award winners received a printed certificate and a $25 Walmart gift card.
Here are the special award-winners:
To see more from the St. Elizabeth Church Festival and Car Show, CLICK HERE.
Other Area Events:
- Around 50 cars turned out at the Car Show for the Salvation Army Toy Drive on Saturday in Heath, Ohio. The show presented awards to the Top 20 cars. There was no Best of Show.
- Saturday Nite Cruise at Nik Fixx Automotive with the C-Town Cruisers had roughly 30 cars. The Best of Show pick was a 1965 Ford Falcon convertible. I don't know the owner's name and I only have photos of the car's rear-end.
- More than 50 cars showed up in Marysville, Ohio on Saturday evening for the last Mid Ohio Cruisers Cruisin' with the King show of the year. Next show will be the Snow Ball Cruise in January.
- The Fourth of July Car Show at the Union County Fairgrounds was rescheduled this year from July 4th to October 16 and relabeled The Autumn Car Show. The show only attracted 22 cars on Saturday. The organizers might want to consider going back to July 4th in 2022.
- About 23 cars attended the Coffee, Tea, and Autism Trunk or Treat event in Canal Winchester, Ohio on Sunday. Of course the kids picked a Cookie Monster themed car to win. Duh?
That's it for this week. If you have information on other shows from this past weekend, please feel free to post in the comment section.
I want to once again thank Dave Bratton, Dale Pearce, Anthony Musick, and Jeff Shankle for their help in putting together this week's report. I couldn't do it without their assistance.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top of the page. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.