Just when you thought the Central Ohio car event schedule couldn't get any busier, it does just that. If you can't find a show or cruise-in close to home this weekend, you may need to seek the help of a professional. Let's hope the weather cooperates for all these events.
NEWS AND NOTES:
I received confirmation last week from two readers that the Vintage Auto Club of Delaware has officially disbanded. I've removed First Friday at Freddy's from the list of ongoing events since it's no longer an organized event.
The Vintage Auto Club organized and hosted the Blast from the Past Car Show in downtown Delaware, Ohio from 1994 through 2016. They were instrumental in making the show one of the largest car events in Central Ohio.
With the threat of rain along with hot and humid temperatures, the Thursday evening cruise-in at Der Dutchman in Plain City, Ohio only registered 85 cars. I've got to admit, the pre-2018 attendance figure on Thursday was rather refreshing. The place can get a little crazy when 300 plus cars show up.
The Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts Show in Marysville on Friday evening raised more than $150 for the Marysville Food Pantry. Here are this month's award-winning cars:
The 1970 silver and black Buick GS belonging to Jeff Fortner won Best of Show honors Saturday at the Upine Biker Bash, Car Show, and Cruise-In at Farrows Harley Davidson in Sunbury, Ohio. Rhett Ricart, CEO of the Ricart Automotive Group, was there with his 1939 Cadillac and LS3.
The big winner this weekend was Sam Parks' 1948 Chevrolet pickup. It won Best of Show honors on Saturday at the Hilliard Historical Society Car Show and turned around and took the same award on Sunday at the Empty Pockets Cruisers Spring into Summer Show. Sam has been all over Central Ohio with his truck this season. It's a spectacular vehicle.
Other specialty award winners from the Spring into Summer Show include:
CLICK HERE, if you'd like to see more cars from the Spring Into Summer Show.
Event announcements are still coming in. Krieger Ford announced their Mustang and Ford Car Show last week. The Fourth of July Show at the Union County Fairgrounds has been canceled. The show is moving to October 16 and will be part of the three-day Red Neck Car Fest.
To keep up-to-date with all the car events in Central Ohio, check out the Save the Dates for 2021 page.
Tuesday (June 15):
- Perco Summer Fun Cruise - New Lexington
Wednesday (June 16):
- Pic-Town Cruisers Cruise-In at the DQ - Baltimore
- Pick-Town Car Meets- Pickerington
- Grace Chapel Wednesday Night Cruise-In - Westerville
Thursday (June 17):
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
Friday (June 18):
- Sonic Drive-In Friday Night Cruise-Ins - Heath
- Springfield Assisted Living Classic Car Show - Springfield
- Logan Washboard Festival Car, Truck and Bike Show - Logan
- Circleville Cruise-In - Circleville
Saturday (June 19):
- Shakers Public House Weekly Car Show - Columbus
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Cars N' Breakfast - Pickerington
- Saturday Nite Cruise at Nik Fixx Automotive - Columbus
- Columbus Cars & Coffee Meet a Cherry Valley Hotel - Newark
- Cruisin’ with the King 2021 - Marysville
- Rabid Customs Rise and Shine - Groveport
- Cars and Coffee Springfield - Springfield
- Cruisin Classics Car Show - Columbus
- Grace Chapel Car Show - Westerville
- 3rd Delaware Cruise Night - Delaware
- Honest Auto Repair Grand Opening Car Show - Newark
- Buckeye Lake Moose Car Show - Thornville
- Flood the Strip...Memory Lane Cruise - Lancaster
- Ninja Xpress Car Wash June Meet - Lewis Center
Sunday (June 20 - Fathers Day):
- Cruis’in O’Reilly Auto Parts Harrisburg Pike - Columbus
- Pataskala SDB Church Classic Car Show - Pataskala
- Last Call Music Bar & Grill Car and Bike Show - Dublin
- Street Race Ohio Beach Meet - Lewis Center
- Juneteenth Celebration Car Show - Columbus
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008