Monday (October 2):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (October 3):
- No Events Found
Wednesday (October 4):
- Picktown Midweek Car Meet & Cruise-In - Pickerington
Thursday (October 5):
Friday (October 6):
- Downtown Delaware First Friday Cruise-In - Delaware
- Car Guys Sonic Friday Nights - Heath
- River Pop-Up Meet - Upper Arlington
- New Beginning Fellowship Cruise-In - Urbana
Saturday (October 7):
- Steve Austin's Auto Group Car & Truck Show - Bellefontaine
- Chesterville Heritage Day Cruise-In - Chesterville
- Chillicothe Evening Lions Club Car Show - Chillicothe
- Circleville First Church Hog Roast & Cruise-In - Circleville
- Kickstands & Coffee Saturday Meet Up - Columbus
- Mario Knapp Memorial Car Show - Columbus
- BGMC Car Show - Columbus
- Legion Riders Post 490 Poker Run - Columbus
- Ohio Autism Car, Truck, & Motorcycle Show - Croton
- Cruisin' For Kids Christmas Charity Event - Logan
- Hocking Hills Church Car Show - Logan
- Hocking Hills Cars & Coffee October Meet - Logan
- Red Brick Tavern Cars & Coffee - London
- Rod Knockers Car Club Monthly Car Show - Marion
- Millersport Lion's Club Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Millersport
- Tolles Car & Craft Show - Plain City
- Car Show and Touch a Truck at the Farm - Radnor
- Campbell Family Benefit Meet - Reynoldsburg
- Columbus Cars & Coffee Uptown Westerville Meet - Westerville
Sunday (October 8):
- Jeep, Truck, Bike, Classics Cruise-In - Hebron
- Sunday Funday Car Show - Hebron
- Ohio ProStreet & No Limits 937 Trunk or Treat - Jeffersonville
- Wings and Rings Car, Truck & Bike Show - Lewis Center
- Cars for Cats Charity Meet - Newark
- Waldo 2023 Breakfast Cruise-In - Waldo
- CC&C at Starbucks - Westerville
- Fairlane Torino Show - Wilmington
For the most comprehensive list of events for the remainder of the season in Central Ohio, check out the "Save the Dates for 2023" page. There's also a quick link in the menu at the top of the page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
We have a celebrity Corvette among us. Craig Grunkemeyer's 1969 Corvette is featured in the December issue of Corvette Magazine.
Craig said this all came about when a photographer at the Goodguys after-hours party at the Crown Plaza noticed his Corvette and asked to do a photoshoot of his car. He and the photographer drove to a location off of Busch Boulevard to take the photos. The editors of the magazine liked the photos and Craig's car so much they chose to include an article about it in the December edition. Congrats Craig!
Der Dutchman Cruise-In:
Rain showers on Thursday, which at times came down very hard, spoiled the final cruise-in of the season at Der Dutchman.
About 40 dedicated cruisers or depending on your perspective crazy cruisers turned out for the last cruise-in. Because of the weather conditions, there was no food. However, those who did stop by were treated to one of the restaurant's cream-filled Long John donuts.
The banquet is this coming Thursday and will finish the season for the cruise-in.
Auto Smarts Cruise & Ride at Massey's Pizza:
On Saturday, Dan "Boots" Longenette and the Auto Smarts Cruise & Ride team hosted its second to last show of the season at Massey's Pizza in Grove City, Ohio.
With picture-perfect weather, the show registered 107 vehicles.
I didn't count the number of trophies Boots awarded at the end of the show, but as you can see from the photo it was not a small number.
It would take way too long to list all the award winners therefore I'm going to keep it to the "Special" category winners.
BEST INTERIOR: 1969 Chevy Camaro - Owners: Jim & Cheryl Cooper
BEST PAINT: 1932 Ford Five Window Coupe - Owner: Gus O'Day
BEST ENGINE: 1967 Chevy Nova - Owner: Dick DeStefano
BEST TRUCK: 1971 Chevy K5 Blazer - Owner: Mike Lowe
MOTTS' PICK: 1957 Chevy Bel Air - Owner: Judy Covington
DJ'S PICK: 1991 Chevy Camaro - Owner: Grady Maynard
MANAGER'S PICK: 1954 Packard Cavalier - Owner: Dan Williams
BOOTS' PICK: 1957 Chevy Bel Air - Owner: David Elliott
BEST OF SHOW: 1968 Chevy Chevelle - Owner: Andrew Van Ert
Keeler & Nadler Cars & Coffee:
Keeler & Nadler Family Weath in Dublin, Ohio hosted a cars & coffee Saturday morning.
About 30 cars rolled through the cruise-in. I received word that a lot of newer Corvettes showed up.
Here are some of the cars that attended the Keeler & Nadler cars and coffee:
JSB Home Solutions Car Show:
JSB Home Solutions out of Canal Winchester, Ohio hosted its second annual Car Show on Saturday.
Attendance for this year's show was around 50 cars.
Dale Pearce's 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup received the Owner's Pick. A rumor is floating around that Dale needed assistance getting up from that kneeling position. 😎
Westerville Special Olympics Car Show:
Roush Honda Used Car Company in Westerville, Ohio sponsored a car show on Sunday supporting Westerville Special Olympics.
The show registered more than 70 cars which is very respectable for a first-time event.
In addition to the car registration, there were 50/50 and door prize raffles. A fair number of the door prizes were $50 gift certificates to local restaurants. Two food trucks were parked behind the Roush building offering food and refreshments.
Three trophies were presented at the end of the show. The trophies included a People's Choice, Athlete's Choice, and Roush Employees' Choice.
The organizers promise to have more awards next year.
Billy Bush's 2015 Dodge Challenger RT received the Athlete's Choice Award.
The Roush Employees' Choice went to Patric Shaw and his rat rod.
Rod Scott and his 1958 Desoto Firedome Sportsman went home with the People's Choice Award.
Auto Smarts Cruise & Ride at Moose Lodge 1427:
The Auto Smarts Cruise & Ride Tour finished out the season at Moose Lodge 1427 in Columbus, Ohio on Sunday.
There were 51 cars in attendance so everyone went home a winner.
Other Area Shows:
- The Kidspalooza Car Show in Circleville, Ohio on Saturday registered 141 cars. Ted Tickle and his 1969 Mercury Cougar XR7 received a Top 10 award. Nice award by the way.
- Dale Pearce helped organize a small car show at the StoryPoint Senior Living Center in Pickerington, Ohio this past Thursday. Schon Crouse received Best of Show with his 1967 Pontiac and Lynn Raduege took 2nd Place with her 427 Roush Mustang.
- While it's not a Central Ohio car event, the Pumpkin Run Nationals took place this past weekend at the Clermont County Fairgrounds in Owensville, Ohio. Jeff Shankle attended the event and posted tons of photos to his Facebook page. If you're interested in seeing vehicles from the Pumpkin Run, here are the links to Jeff's photos. Please Note: a Facebook account is required.
A big thanks to the following people for sending photos and info for this week's News and Notes:
- Dave Bratton
- Dale Pearce
- Jeff Shankle
- Craig Grunkemeyer
I hope everyone has a good week! Stay safe. Look for a new list of Central Ohio car events and a News and Notes report next Monday.