This will be the last FULL weekend of events for the 2022 season. After this weekend the number of scheduled events begins to drop off rather fast through the remainder of the month.
UPDATE: The Sunbury Lions Club Country Cruise-in scheduled for Sunday, October 16 has been canceled.
Monday (October 10):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (October 11):
Wednesday (October 12):
- Wednesday Evening Cruise-In at Grace Chapel - Westerville
- Pickerington Mid-Week Meet - Pickerington
- OX-B's Wings and Wheels Cruise-In - Hebron [FYI: the last cruise-in was 10/5]
- Mount Gilead Cruise N' Dine - Mount Gilead
Thursday (October 13):
- No Events Found
Friday (October 14):
- Friday Gathering at Sonic in Heath - Heath
- Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts Car Show - Marysville
- Halloween Car & Bike Show at Walmart - London
- Cold Beer and Burnouts - Springfield
- Taylor Springs Health Campus Car Show - Gahanna
Saturday (October 15):
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- CC&C at The City - Columbus
- Cruisin' with the King in 2022 - Marysville
- Empty Pockets Trunk or Treat Car Show - Hilliard
- Columbus Cars & Coffee Meet at Meyer Shank Racing - Pataskala
- Dayspring Wesleyan Church Craft and Car Show - Marion
- One Room School Car Show - Yellow Springs
- Charity Event Car Show - Heath
- Grace Point Church Car Show - Lewis Center
- The Tree Church 2nd Annual Trunk or Treat - Lancaster
- Final Delaware Cruise Night 2022 - Delaware
- JSB Home Solutions Cruise-in Car Show - Canal Winchester
- New Beginnings Church Cruise-N-Shop - Ashville
- Southern Ohio Tuner Alliance Car Meet/Cruise-In - Circleville
- Motor Vice Midwest 4 - Plain City
Sunday - (October 16):
- Cruis'in O'Reilly Auto Parts 2022 - Columbus
- FOP Associate Car Show - Whitehall
- Eldorado's Car, Truck, and Bike Show - Columbus
- Sunbury Lions Club Cruise-In - Sunbury [CANCELED]
- Academy of Rising Stars Car Show-Trunk or Treat - Cardington
- X Church Car Show and Free Movie - Canal Winchester
- Heart of Ohio Antique Center Cruise-In - Springfield
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008
Check out the Save the Dates for 2022 page to see what events are left for the rest of October and November.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Der Dutchman Thursday Cruise-In
The Der Dutchman Restaurant in Plain City, Ohio held its "End-of-the-Cruise-In" banquet Thursday evening. There were 192 people in attendance, the most ever for the banquet.
Wayne Nisly presented some interesting statistics about this year's cruise-in. Which, by the way, turned out to be the biggest year ever.
- This was the ninth year for the cruise-in. Twelve cars showed up for the very first cruise-in. When attendance reached 27 cars, Wayne was amazed that there were that many "classic cars" in Central Ohio.
- This year a total of 5449 cars attended the cruise-in from May 5th through September 29. Compare that to last year's total of 4832 cars.
- The average weekly turnout was 259 cars. This number factored in four bad weather evenings where attendance was particularly low. This is compared to last year's average of 219 per week.
At the end of the banquet, Wayne and the restaurant presented everyone in attendance with a t-shirt with the logo from the cruise-in flyer as a token of appreciation for making this year's cruise-in the best one yet.
2nd Annual Cruise-In For A Cause
Monument Square in downtown Urbana, Ohio was the scene of the 2nd Annual Cruise-In For a Cause on Friday evening. The cruise-in had more than 130 cars in attendance. Proceeds from the event went to benefit the Cancer Association of Champaign County.
Here are some of the photos Jeff Shankle shared from the cruise in.
Performance Charity Car Show
Downtown Delaware, Ohio on Saturday was the site of the 28th Annual Performance Charity Car Show formerly known as the "Blast from the Past".
Even with early morning temperatures in the low 30s, cars began to arrive shortly after 6 AM. The show registered 550 cars with 291 one of those pre-registering.
Jegs had the biggest vendor display at the show. The display featured Auto Smarts Radio host Dan "Boots" Longenette's award-winning burnout car.
Awards were presented to the "Favorite 100" and 20 "Best of Show" trophies.
The Best of Show award went to Frank Dominish with a 1964 Porsche. Other area award winners included:
- Best Buick - 1979 Buick GTX - Jeff Fortner
- Best 68 Camaro - Tom Rizak
- Best Survivor - 1970 GTO - Dan Varner
To see more from the Performance Charity Car Show, CLICK HERE.
Northland High School Alumni Foundation Classic Car & Motorcycle Show
Originally scheduled for September 25, the Northland High School Alumni Foundation Classic Car & Motorcycle Show was moved to its rain date of October 9.
The show took place at the Quaker Steak & Lube on Polaris Parkway in Columbus, Ohio. The event registered 36 cars on Sunday. There was a 50/50 raffle and other door prizes. Money raised from the show helps support scholarships, sports, music, theater, and more at Northland High School.
Six award plaques were presented for Top Motorcycle, Top Truck, Top Car 1969 and Older, Top Car 1970 and Newer, People's Choice, and Judge's Best in Show.
Here are the award winning vehicles.
The judge's BEST IN SHOW pick went to Ron Kinder and his 1965 Chevy C-10 Pickup.
Wings and Rings Car, Truck, & Bike Show
Frank Russell and the Crossroads Events team hosted its third and final show of the season at the Wings and Rings Restaurant in Lewis Center, Ohio on Sunday. After fighting rain for the first two shows, the third event finally saw some well-deserved sunshine.
A total of 46 cars were registered during the afternoon show. The Best of Show honors went to Quentin Sayer and his 2000 Corvette.
Burnzie's Old Trail Car, Truck, & Bike Show
Who would have guessed Burnzie's Old Trail Restaurant on the west side of Columbus would host the biggest show on Sunday?
Approximately 90 cars attended the event. There was a nice silent auction along with 50/50 and door prize raffles. Food prep got a little overwhelmed with that many vehicles.
Trophies were presented to the Top 70 cars, trucks, and bikes. There were no special awards or Best of Show. Loser Racing sponsored the trophies. Each of the seven Loser Racing businesses donated 10 trophies each.
For more photos from Burnzie's Old Trail show, CLICK HERE.
Other Area Shows
- Steve Austin's Auto Group in Bellefontaine, Ohio registered 151 cars at its 2nd Annual Car and Truck Show on Saturday.
- Kevin Martin's 1962 Chevy C-10 pickup received Best in Show for the truck category at the Mario Knapp Memorial Car Show on Saturday.
- The Hebron, Ohio Nazarene Church had 92 cars attend its Annual Car & Truck Show on Saturday. Dale Pearce and his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup received a Top 10 Award.
- Saturday saw an excellent turnout for the Logan County (Bellefontaine, Ohio) Bikers for Santa Toy Ride.
- The Cruise-In Trunk or Treat at the Chillicothe Halloween Festival had more than 60 cars in attendance and a ton of trick-or-treaters on Saturday.
I have a lot of people to thank for their help with this week's report. Along with our regulars Jeff Shankle, Dale Pearce, and Dave Bratton, Kevin Martin, Frank Russell, Bryan Mauger, Greg Dresbach, Dan Varner, and Adam Lester contributed photos. Thanks, everyone!