I'm trying something new this week. I've organized all the events in alphabetical order by their location. Let me know if you find this useful.
Monday (July 31):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (August 1):
- No Events Found
Wednesday (August 2):
- Picktown Midweek Car Meet & Cruise-In - Pickerington
Thursday (August 3):
- Gatsby's Summer Cruise-In - Gahanna
- Leon's Garage Bike Night - Marysville
- Full Throttle Thursdays - Obetz
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
Friday (August 4):
- Baltimore Festival Car Show - Baltimore
- Uptown Circleville Cruise-In - Circleville
- Street Kingz Car Club Back to School - Columbus
- Ohio Living Sarah Moore Cruise-In - Delaware
- Downtown Delaware First Friday Cruise-In - Delaware
- Car Guys Sonic Friday Nights - Heath
- NAPA Hilliard Cruise-In - Hilliard
- First Friday Cruise-In - Mt Vernon
- Hosanna Lutheran Car Show - Pataskala
- Veterans Service Commission Cruise-In - Springfield
Saturday (August 5):
- Butler Car Show - Butler
- August Cruise and Tint Worx Open House - Circleville
- Ironsides Rumble in Yoctangee - Chillicothe
- Kickstands & Coffee Saturday Meet Up - Columbus
- CC&C at The City Apartments - Columbus
- Midwest-Bayless Italian Auto Open House - Columbus
- The Gram Way Car Show/Block Party - Columbus
- Commercial Point Karting Car, Truck, Jeep, & Bike Show - Commercial Point
- Hater Hot Rods Cars and Coffee - Commercial Point
- Richwood Bank Coffee & Cars Cruise-In - Delaware
- Vettes, Rods, & Classics Car Show - Gahanna
- Kings Inn Car Show - Kingston
- Jeepin' in the Burg - Leesburg
- Red-White & Cruise - Logan
- Red Brick Tavern Cars & Coffee - London
- Rhythm & Rib Fest Car Cruise-In - London
- Rod Knockers Car Club Monthly Car Show - Marion
- Cruise to Cars & Coffee at the City - Marysville
- Caitlin Pugh Memorial Scholarship Car Show - Mt Vernon
- Fido Fest Car Show - New Lexington
- Vineyard Columbus East Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Pickerington
- Yabo's Tacos Weekly Car Meet - Powell
- Buck Creek Show and Shine - Springfield
Sunday (August 6):
- The Point on Main Street Car Show - Columbus
- Eldorado's Car, Truck & Bike Show - Columbus
- Toy Barn Import JDM - Dublin
- Jeep, Truck, Bike, Classics Cruise-In - Hebron
- Marysville Motors (Formerly Marysville Muscle) Monthly Meet - Marysville
- First Responder Memorial Car Show - Newark
- Tecumseh High School Car Show - New Carlisle
- Yabo's Tacos Bike Rally - Powell
- Heart of Ohio Antique Center Monthly Cruise-In (12 -4) - Springfield
- CC&C at Starbucks - Westerville
For the most comprehensive list of future events in Central Ohio, check out the "Save the Dates for 2023" page. There's also a quick link in the menu at the top of the page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Der Dutchman Cruise-In:
There were 166 cars in attendance this week. Not bad considering how damn hot it was on Thursday.
There was a birthday celebration for Wayne Nisly who manages the cruise-in. Wayne turned 85 this week. He received a rocking chair with the name of the cruise-in engraved on the back.
We also found out that Wayne collects die-cast cars. He brought some of his collection to the cruise-in. It just so happened he received a few more cars as a birthday gift. What a coincidence.
Heels and Wheels Car and Bike Show:
On Saturday the Vanity Gentlemens Club in Columbus, Ohio hosted its 9th annual Heels and Wheels Car and Bike Show. The Garden on Bethel Rd and 7th Gear Exotics helped sponsor the show.
Held in the parking lot behind the club, the show registered 61 cars and bikes. Everyone that registered received a door prize ticket. The door prizes consisted of tools and buckets of car care products.
Adult beverages were available inside the club and food could be purchased outside at the show.
The Vanity Girls were happy to pose for photos with your car.
There were seven awards for the bikes and 11 awards for the cars plus a Best of Show. In addition to the car and Bike awards, the Vanity Girls also competed for awards. These included Best Butt, Best Breasts, Best Legs, and Overall Hottie.
Here are the motorcycles Awards:
The Car Awards:
The Best of Show Award went to Jamie Riffitt and Jackson Willoughby with a 1969 Camaro.
Purple Door Car Show:
The Purple Door Church in Grove City, Ohio held its 20th Annual Purple Door Car Show took on Saturday.
The show registered 109 cars this year. The Best of Show Award went to Ralph Carle with a 1959 Chevy El Camino.
Auto Smarts Radio Upper Deck Cruise-in:
Right around the corner from the Purple Door Show was the Upper Deck Cruise-in hosted by Auto Smarts radio.
The Show had 115 cars in attendance.
Just like Heels and Wheels, the Upper Deck Cruise-in had several lovely young ladies happy to pose for photos with your car.
For the second weekend in a row, Dale Pearce's 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup received the Best Truck Award, and Jason and Debbie Blankenship's 1959 Chevy Apache pickup took home Best of Show.
Blackwing Summer Blast Car Show:
The Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware, Ohio held its annual Summer Blast Car Show on Saturday.
There were about 65 cars in attendance. Eleven awards were presented at the conclusion of the show.
Here's a sample of the cars that attended the show:
The Best Car in Show award went to the 1968 Chevy Camaro belonging to Tim Inscho.
Air Force One / Custom Air Skilled Trades Cruise-In:
With the help of Dan "Boots" Longenette and the Auto Smarts Radio Team, Air Force One/Custom Air held its first cruise-in at its headquarters in Dublin, Ohio on Sunday.
Air Force One (AFO) is a commercial HVAC contractor. Custom Air is the residential side of the business. The purpose of the show was to help bring awareness to the skilled trades.
There were a total of 71 cars in attendance.
Food trucks from Roosters and the Grilled Cheese Gangster provided food and refreshments during the show.
Boots and Mindy Drayer broadcast their radio show live from the cruise-in.
During the show, someone with the help of another cruiser vandalized the license plate on my Camaro.
Unlike the cocaine left at the White House, there is overwhelming evidence of who the culprits were in this vicious attack on my car.
Getting back to the cruise-in.
Along with the usual trophies for the picks from Auto Smarts, Pepsi, Jegs, and Cruisin' Classics, were custom, handmade trophies. Members of the AFO/Custom Air team selected the cars to receive the custom trophies.
Here are the Auto Smarts "Top" Picks:
The AFO/Custom Air Custom Trophy Picks:
Best of Show went to Pete Lieb and his 1962 Chevy 409 Bel Air.
Other Area Car Shows:
- Sabina Park Car Show had about 100 cars and trucks in attendance on Sunday. Awards were presented to the "Top" 25. Dale Pearce took home one Top 25 award with his 1950 Chevy 3100.
- Several hundred cars attended the 43rd Annual Poor Man's Nationals at Pastime Park in Plain City, Ohio on Sunday
That's it for this week. Here are the folks that helped put together the News and Notes:
- Jeff Shankle
- Dave Bratton
- Dale Pearce
- Russ Annis
I hope everyone has a good week! I'll see you again next week with a new report.