The last weekend of August has turned out to be the biggest weekend of the season when it comes to the number of events. Lots to choose from all over the Central Ohio area.
NEWS AND NOTES:
38th Arthritis Foundation Classic Auto Show and Cruise-in:
I spent a few hours Friday afternoon as a spectator at the 38th Annual Arthritis Foundation Classic Auto Show and Cruise-In in Dublin, Ohio. Friday's registration was somewhere between 330 and 350 cars. The big exhibit this year was 110 years of Chevrolet.
I managed to take more than 100 photos of some excellent rides.
The top 50 cars on Friday received six-foot trophies. Dave Bratton and Lou Koester received a special award for their financial contributions to the Arthritis Foundation.
I didn't make it to the show on Saturday. If you were at Saturday's show as a participant or spectator, please feel free to post a comment about the day's activities.
To see the photos I took of the one hundred plus cars on Friday, click here.
Westerville Cars & Coffee with Jake from State Farm:
Saturday morning I headed over to Westerville, Ohio for Westerville Cars & Coffee with Jake from State Farm. This is the second year State Farm agent, Jake Breakey, has been hosting a Saturday morning cruise-in in the parking lot behind his agency. Anyone that brought a car could enjoy a cup of coffee, donuts, and a chance to spin the wheel for prizes. It turned out to be a great way to spend a Saturday morning. My only disappointment was Jake wasn't wearing khakis. He was wearing shorts.
Cruisin' with the King:
The Mid Ohio Cruisers Car Club registered 53 cars Saturday evening at their monthly show at the Burger King in Marysville, Ohio. The club presented awards to their favorite 15 vehicles.
To see some of the "Favorite" winners and other cars from the show, click here.
Meet at the Beach 2:
Sunday afternoon the south end of the Alum Creek Beach parking lot was the scene of the second Meet at the Beach car meet this season. The majority of owners of the estimated 100 plus cars that turned out during the afternoon were definitely under the age of 30.
The Japanese car manufacturers were very well represented. For a little while, my Camaro and a Jeep were the only cars from American manufacturers. A Mclaren, Lamborghini, and a few classics cars cruised through the parking lot but none stayed very long.
Looking through a crystal ball this will likely be the next generation of car show enthusiasts 20-30 years from now. They'll be showing off their restored 2015 Subaru or Toyota instead of a '69 Camaro.
If you have a Facebook account, check out Dale Pearce's video from the Millersport car show on Sunday. The show registered 65 cars.
Events are still coming in for September, October, and November. For the most up-to-date list of car events in Central Ohio from now until November, check out the Save the Dates for 2021 page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top of the page. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
Monday (August 23):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (August 24):
- Perco Summer Fun Cruise - New Lexington
- DQ Hot Rod Gatherings - South Bloomfield
- Polaris Hilton Cruise-In Night - Columbus
- Tires & Taco Tuesday - Columbus
Wednesday (August 25):
Thursday (August 26):
Friday (August 27):
Saturday (August 28):
- Shakers Public House Weekly Car Show - Columbus
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Columbus Cars and Coffee at Esoteric - New Albany
- Cars and Coffee Springfield - Springfield
- Ride for the Fallen - Lancaster
- 3th Annual Gospel Car & Motorcycle Show - Columbus
- Cruise-In For A Cause - New Lexington
- Street Race Ohio Car Scene Festival - Heath
- Gearhead Fest 2021 - Springfield
- Crosstown Creamery Cruise-In - Tarlton
- Bob Pool “Orphan” Car Show - Yellow Springs
- Plain City Classic Car Cruise-In - Plain City
- Jay Vanscoy Car Show Live - Hilliard
- United Ford Owners Cruise-In - Grove City
- Mike Hamilton Memorial Cruz Night - Rushsylvania
- Southeast Conservation Club Car Show - Grove City
- Grace Point Church Car Show - Lewis Center
- American legion Post 490 Car and Bike Show - Whitehall
- N&F Performance Car Show - North Lewisburg
Sunday (August 29):
- Ramsey's Cruise-In (11 AM - 3 PM) - Marysville
- 4th Annual Car Show at Culp Lake - Springfield
- Krieger Ford Mustang and Ford Car Show - Columbus
- Moundbuilders Motor Mania Car Show - Newark
- O'Reilly Auto Parts Brice Rd Car Show - Reynoldsburg
- Real Back to School Car and Bike Cruise-In - Pataskala
- Iron Brothers Bike and Car Show - Whitehall
- Hocking Hills Cruise - Chillicothe
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008