Columbus Cars and Coffee at the City has announced that it has moved its weekly cruise-in on OSU Football home Saturdays to Sundays at the Starbucks in Westerville, Ohio.
More information on the location and dates can be found on the Columbus Cars and Coffee website.
Monday (September 12):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (September 13):
- Plain City Tuesday Evening Cruise-In - Plain City
- Coaches Tuesday Night Summer Cruise-In - Gahanna
- OX-B's Tuesday Cruise Day - Newark
Wednesday (September 14):
- Wednesday Evening Cruise-In at Grace Chapel - Westerville
- Pickerington Mid-Week Meet - Pickerington
- OX-B's Wings and Wheels Cruise-In - Hebron
- Mount Gilead Cruise 'N Dine - Mount Gilead
Thursday (September 15):
- Der Dutchman Restaurant Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
- Lions & Cruisers - Springfield
- Jeep Night at Dalton Union - Marysville
Friday (September 16):
- Friday Gathering at Sonic in Heath - Heath
- Cars and Coffee Springfield 2022 - Springfield
- Igniters Street Rods Cruise-In - Chillicothe
- Urbana Cruise-In - Urbana
Saturday (September 17):
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Columbus Cars and Coffee Meet at MAG - Dublin
- Cruisin' with the King in 2022 - Marysville
- Der Dutchman Coffee and Donut Cruise-In - Plain City
- Motts Military Driving For Daisy Car Show - Groveport
- Sons of the American Legion Car Show - Lancaster
- Coughlin 15th Annual Car Show - Pataskala
- Caffeine & Gasoline - Dublin
- Scarecrow Festival Car Show - Washington Court House
- Ride for Hospice - Covered Bridge Ride - Plain City
- Fayette County Drug Education Education Car Show - Jeffersonville
- First Church of God Fish Fry and Car Show - Circleville
- Benny's Pizza Car, Truck, and Bike Show - Marysville
- 6th Delaware Cruise Night - Delaware
- Ohio Car Club Burnout Bash - Columbus
- Wings of an Angel Cruze the Loop Car Show - Marion
- Buckeye City's Save Second Base Party - Columbus
Sunday - (September 18):
- Cruis'in O'Reilly Auto Parts 2022 - Columbus
- All Oldsmobile Car Show and Swap Meet - Columbus
- Whitehall VFW Post 8794 Car Show - Whitehall
- South High Bulldog Picnic Cruise-In - Columbus
- Speak! For The Unspoken Fall Car Show - Hilliard
- Eldorado's Car, Truck & Bike Show - Columbus
- SDB Church Car Show - Pataskala [Rain Date]
- Lancaster Car Scene Car Show - Carroll
- Cupola Classic Cruise-In - Johnstown
- Dub Pub Car Show - Dublin
- CC&C at The City - Westerville
- Jim Matheny Memorial Car Show - Newark
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008
Check out the Save the Dates for 2022 page. Events are still being added to the most comprehensive list of car events in Central Ohio.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Wednesday Evening Cruise at Grace Chapel
Jeff and Pam Shankle and Dan "Boots" Longenette from Auto Smarts Radio stopped by the Grace Chapel Church in Westerville, Ohio on Wednesday evening for its weekly cruise-in. About 50 cars were in attendance this week. Boots drove his award-winning "burn out" machine.
The Pastor announced that the church will continue to host the Wednesday cruise-in until the end of October. A food truck is on-site most Wednesdays for anyone wanting food and refreshment. Times for the cruise-in are typically 6 - 9 PM.
Der Dutchman Thursday Cruise-In
Attendance is creeping up at the Thursday evening cruise-in at Der Dutchman Restaurant in Plain City, Ohio. Two weeks ago attendance was 302 cars. Last week it was 309 and this week it was 340. With any luck, the 400 mark will be broken before the cruise-in ends in three weeks.
This week's "Unique Vehicle" award goes to Jim R. and his Ultima RS. The car's power plant is GM's LT5 engine which was only available in the 2019 Corvette ZR1. Jim's car is making close to 800 HP to the rear wheels!
Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts Car Show
The September Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts Car Show in Marysville, Ohio on Friday evening featured 32 cars.
The event was the first car show for Carol and Steve Atwell's 1928 Ford Model A 2 Dr Sedan.
The show raised $210 for the Marysville and Milford Center food banks.
This month's picks were:
Columbus Cars and Coffee Meet at Esoteric
Per usual, the Columbus Cars and Coffee meet at Esoteric Fine Auto Finishing in New Albany, Ohio had another great turnout of cars and spectators Saturday morning.
The meet had a nice mix of classic, muscle, and exotic cars. Just like the Toy Barn show two weeks ago, the arrival of the Lamborghinis attracted a crowd.
To see more from Saturday's Columbus Cars and Coffee meet, CLICK HERE.
Delaware Christian Church Car, Truck, & Motorcycle Show
The Delaware Christian Church in Delaware, Ohio hosted its second annual Car Show on Saturday. Last year the church registered a little over 50 cars. This year the number of registered cars reach 71 with another half-dozen or so attending but not registering. The registration fee was whatever you wanted to donate.
There were door prizes and a 50/50 raffle. Awards were presented to the Top 25 along with three special awards. The special awards were Pastor's Choice, Best of Show motorcycle, and Best of Show car/truck.
The Special Award winners included:
CLICK HERE to see the rest of the automobiles from the Delaware Christian Church show.
Auto Smarts Radio Cruise and Ride At Columbus Auto Resale
Dan "Boots" Longenette and the Auto Smarts Radio Cruise and Ride crew were at Columbus Auto Resale on Saturday. The show registered 38 cars.
Our good friend Jeff Shankle took Best Interior with his 1950 Ford F1 pickup.
The Best of Show award went to the 1967 Chevy Chevelle of Craig Massie.
Heart of Grove City Patriots Day Car Show
Shaun "Big Dog" Sanders and the C-Town Cruisers were hosts for the 2nd Annual Heart of Grove City, Ohio Patriots Day Car Show.
The show registered a little over 60 cars. The Best Truck award went to Loy Oberer with a 1955 Ford F-100 pickup.
The 1932 Ford five Window of Gus O'Day took home the Best of Show honors.
Lite the Nite Car Show
The big event on Saturday was the 37th Annual Light the Nite Car Show at the Courthouse Square in Newark, Ohio. This year the show registered more than 420 cars.
The event helps support the holiday lighting of the courthouse in Newark and other charities. This year the show also honored the late Jim Matheny who helped organize the Nite the Light show for many years.
The awards were four and six-foot trophies. Dale Pearce used every inch of the truck bed in his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup to bring home his six-foot award.
Wings and Rings Car, Truck, & Bike Show
My original plan was to attend the All Corvette Gathering in Lancaster, Ohio on Sunday. But rain between my house and Lancaster killed that plan. Luckily the showers mainly stayed south and east of my location.
Plan B was to find a dry car show relatively close to home. This turned out to be the Crossroads Events show at the Wings and Rings in Lewis Center, Ohio.
This was the second show at the restaurant this year. Both this show and the previous show have faced less-than-ideal weather. A final show of the season is scheduled for October 9th. Hopefully, "third times a charm" will kick in and give them a beautiful day of weather.
With 23 cars, trucks, and bikes in attendance, the Best of Show awards went to Steve Barry with a 1999 Harley Davidson Heritage Springer and "DW" Warren Dorilen with a 2014 Maserati Ghibili.
Riverside Dairy Car Show
The Riverside Dairy Car Show in Mount Vernon, Ohio was originally scheduled for August 21st but was postponed to Sunday because of the weather.
The show registered 45 cars. Awards were presented for 3rd place, 2nd place, and Best of Show for both cars and trucks. Not only was there a trophy for each award winner but also a cash prize. The Best of Show winners received $100. Second and third place winners received $75 and $50 respectively.
Best of Show Car went to Harry Squires with a 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS.
Steve Andrix's 1948 Chevy Pickup received the Best of Show Truck award.
Jeff Shankle's 1950 Ford F1 received the 2nd Place Truck award so drinks are on Jeff this week.
Other Area Shows:
- The Empty Pockets Cruisers had over 120 cars in attendance for its Patriots Day Car Show in Hilliard, Ohio on Saturday
- Despite the rain, 200 plus crazy Corvette owners turned out for the All Corvette Gathering in Lancaster, Ohio.
- Our good friend Dale Pearce took home the Mayor's Choice and the Kid's Choice awards at the 17th Annual Gahanna Community Church Car Show
Whew! That's it for this week. A big thank you to Jeff Shankle, Dale Pearce, and Mark Mitchell for their help in preparing this week's report.