This coming weekend has four events scheduled in London, Ohio.
The big event of the weekend will be the Performance Charity Car Show in downtown Delaware, Ohio on Saturday.
Dick "Hot Dog" Ryman will be at the Heart of Ohio Antique Center on Sunday for his annual Wooden Nickle cruise-in.
You may have seen a listing on other websites such as Old Ride for a Trunk or Treat car show sponsored by the Vienna Door for this coming Saturday, October 15th. PLEASE NOTE: THIS SHOW WAS CANCELED BACK IN JULY. The organizers have put in multiple requests to Old Ride to have it removed but Old Ride has failed to respond.
Monday (October 9):
- Motor Monday Cruise-In - Newark
Tuesday (October 10):
- No Events Found
Wednesday (October 11):
- Picktown Midweek Car Meet & Cruise-In - Pickerington
- Wednesday Night Cruise-In [Oct 23 will be the last one] - Westerville
Thursday (October 12):
- Leon's Garage Bike Night - Marysville
Friday (October 13):
- Throttle Company Bike Night - Columbus
- Car Guys Sonic Friday Nights - Heath
- Creative Automotive Advanced Auto Parts Car Show - Marysville
Saturday (October 14):
- Chillicothe Halloween Festival Trunk or Treat - Chillicothe
- Performance Charity Car Show - Delaware
- Kickstands & Coffee Saturday Meet Up - Columbus
- Hater Hot Rods Cars and Coffee - Commercial Point
- Gahanna Community Church Car Show - Gahanna
Hebron Nazarene Car & Truck Show- Hebron [Moved to Sunday]
- Central Townships Firefighters Assoc Car Show - London
- Madison County Senior Center Cruise-In - London
- Red Brick Tavern Cars & Coffee - London
- Dayspring Wesleyan Car Show - Marion
- Freddie's Chevrolet Fall Car Show - Mt. Gilead
- Dealership at the Plaza Cruise Night - Mt Victory
Sunday (October 15):
- LuciferLT1 Trunk or Treat - Delaware
- Jeep, Truck, Bike, Classics Cruise-In - Hebron
- Hebron Nazarene Car & Truck Show - Hebron [Rain Date]
- Car, Truck, & Bike Trunk or Treat @ Walmart - London
- Jerome Township Car/Truck Show - Plain City [CANCELED]
- KSM Youth Sports Trunk or Treat - Powell
- Campbell Family Benefit Car Show - Reynoldsburg
- Heart of Ohio Antique Center (Wooden Nickel) 12 -4 PM - Springfield
- CC&C at Starbucks - Westerville
- VFW Post 8794 Car Show - Whitehall
For the most comprehensive list of events for the remainder of the season in Central Ohio, check out the "Save the Dates for 2023" page. There's also a quick link in the menu at the top of the page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Der Dutchman Cruise-In:
The Der Dutchman Cruise-In held its annual season-ending banquet on Thursday evening at the restaurant.
Looking back over the season, one thousand fewer cars attended the cruise-in this year than last year. On the bright side, the cruise-in set a single-day attendance record with 617 cars on June 8th during the Celebration of Life cruise-in for Luella Nisly. It definitely was a special evening.
Everyone attending the banquet received a complimentary Der Dutchman Cruise-In ball cap.
Those of us who regularly attended the cruise-in each week will now have to find something else to do on Thursday evenings from now until May 2, 2024 rolls around.
Tolles Car & Craft Show:
Tolles Career and Technical Center in Plain City, Ohio hosted its 6th Annual Car and Craft Show on Saturday.
Thanks to early morning temperatures in the low 40s, the car show started slowly but eventually registered 61 cars.
Last year I gave the show the honor of having the best-tasting hamburger. Much to my and everyone's disappointment, the culinary students weren't at the show this year. In their place was the Hound Dog Food truck. Let's hope the students return next year. We all missed the taste of a good car show hamburger.
The show divided the cars into categories and presented 22 trophies based on those categories. Some examples of the different categories were Best 50s, Best 60s, Best 70s, Modern Muscle, Vintage Muscle, Rat Rod, and so on. There was also a Tolles Student Award, a People's Choice Award, and Best in Show. The trophy for the Rat Rod was handmade from tools and engine parts.
Voting for the People's Choice Award was done electronically using a QR code located on the window plaque of each registered car. Very high-tech.
Here are the category winners selected by the judges:
The People's Choice Award went to Don Benedik and his 1932 Ford Roadster.
Kevin Foust's 1941 Dodge WC40 Military Weapons Carrier received the Best in Show honors.
BGMC Car Show:
The New Beginnings Church held its 6th Annual BGMC Car Show on Saturday.
BGMC stands for Boys and Girls Missionary Challenge. It's the missions education program for all kids in the Assemblies of God. The money raised through BGMC provides the Assemblies of God missionaries with needed supplies to support its missions throughout the world.
Only 36 cars attended the show thanks to cold and windy weather conditions. There were more trophies than cars so everyone went home a winner.
I'm guessing the weather conditions had some influence on Dave Bratton's claim that the chili was "to die for". Dave said it was so good he went back for seconds.
Here are the "Special" category winners:
Best Truck, Dale Pearce - 1950 Chevy 3100 Pickup
Best Import, Seth Peyton - 1982 Volkswagon Rabbit
Pastor's Choice, Dave Muller - 1960 Rambler Classic
3rd Place, Richard Hails - 1971 Chevy Nova SS
2nd Place, Carol Benson - 1960 Chevy C10 Pick Up
Best Bike, Bruce Hoover - 2010 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
BGMC Pick, Dave Bratton - 1937 Wild Rod Ford
Mark and Patty Enyart's 1962 Chevy Impala SS was selected Best of Show.
Rod Knockers Car Show:
The Rod Knockers Car Club out of Marion, Ohio held its final car show of the season on Saturday evening. Not only was Saturday the last show of the season but also the last show for the foreseeable future. The club announced that it has decided to take some time off to re-evaluate its direction moving forward.
Those of you who follow this blog know that I have ranked the Rod Knockers Monthly Car Show as the number one registration-free show in Central Ohio for the last five years. There's no question it will be missed in 2024. Here's hoping it comes back sooner rather than later.
The last show registered 52 cars. Not bad considering the weather.
Being October, this was the Halloween-themed show.
Our good friend, Frank Sanborn, received one of the last "Favorite" Awards from the Club for his Dodge Dart.
Here's wishing the club all the best in whatever direction it decides to take.
Millersport Lions Club and Lewis Center Wings & Rings Car Shows:
The Crossroads Events team was busy this past weekend hosting a car show on both Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday they helped host a show for the Millersport Lions Club in Millersport Ohio.
The "Spotlight" vehicle for this show was all Ford trucks. The Spotlight Award went to Shawn Ford (how appropriate) and his 1948 Ford F-1 pickup.
Jayden Householder's 2001 Chevy Camaro received the Larry Bickers Daily Driver Award.
Best of Show honors went to Fred Williams with a 1967 Ford Mustang GT 500.
The team traveled to Lewis Center on Sunday to host its monthly show at the Wings & Rings Restaurant.
The "Spotlight" car was all Dodges. The Spotlight Award went to Danielle Grogan and her 2021 Dodge Daytona.
Danielle's husband, Rick, took home the Larry Bickers Daily Driver Award for his 2021 Dodge Ram pickup.
Jim McGruder's "customized" 2020 Rapid Blue Corvette Stingray was picked as Best of Show.
The Crossroads Events team will be off for the next two weekends but will be back in November hosting their last two shows of the season on November 5th at Eldorado's Food and Spirits and November 12th at Lewis Center Wings & Rings.
Steve Austin's Auto Group Open Car and Truck Show:
The Steve Austin Auto Group held its 4th Annual Open Car and Truck Show at its dealership in Bellefontaine, Ohio on Saturday.
The show had over 115 vehicles in attendance. There were several food trucks on site. The show also held a silent auction and a 50/50 raffle. The Steve Austin Group presented awards to the "Top" 30 plus a Best of Show.
Other Area Shows:
- Dan Varner's 1960 Cadillac DeVille received the Best of Show for Classics at the Mario Knapp Car Show on Saturday.
- The Ohio Autism Show Car, Truck, and Motorcycle Show at the Hartford Fairgrounds in Croton, Ohio had well over 100 cars in attendance on Saturday. As is typical Ohio weather this time of year, the attendees experienced sunshine, rain, and hail all in a 30-minute period. Our friend, Kenny G., received an Integrity Insurance Sponsor's Pick.
- Phil Monroe made the trip down I-71 to Wilmington, Ohio on Sunday to check out the Fairlane Torino Show put on by the Fairlane Club of America. CLICK HERE to see the photos Phil took at the show.
That's it for this week. If the weather is on our side, we're looking at only one more month of car shows in 2023. Wow! Has this season gone by fast!
A big thanks to the following people for sending photos and info for this week's News and Notes:
- Dave Bratton
- Dale Pearce
- Jeff Shankle
- Phil Monroe
- Frank Sanborn
- Kenny G.
- Scott Harring
- Frank Russell
I hope everyone has a good week! Stay safe. Look for a new list of Central Ohio car events and a News and Notes report next Monday.