I'm posting this from Park City, Utah where the temperature is a balmy 40 degrees.
This week we start another month of the season. From the number of events already announced, it looks to be a very busy one.
Tuesday (May 31):
- Plain City Tuesday Evening Cruise-In - Plain City
Wednesday (June 1):
- Pizza Hut Cruise N' Dine Car Show - Mount Vernon
Thursday (June 2):
Friday (June 3):
- Friday Gathering at Sonic in Heath - Heath
- Delaware First Friday Cruise-In - Delaware
- Mount Vernon First Friday - Mount Vernon
- Columbia Center Community Church Car Show - Pataskala
Saturday (June 4):
- CC&C at The City - Columbus
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Cars and Coffee Springfield - Springfield
- Rod Knockers Car Club Monthly Car Show - Marion
- Case Ave 6.0 Burn Out Meet - Newark
- Cruisin for Dialysis - Marion
- Crossroads of Ohio Street Rods & Customs Car Show - Hebron
- Pickerington Lions Club Cruise, Brews & Entertainment - Pickerington
- Auto Smarts Radio Cruise and Ride at Grove City Baptist Church - Grove City
- Richwood Bank Coffee & Cars Cruise-In - Delaware
- Boy Scout Troop 382 Central Ohio Cruise-In - Centerburg
- Mission From God Car Show - Columbus
- Spring Festival Car Show and Swap Meet - Lancaster
- Ronald McDonald House Ride - Columbus
- Cars & Iced Coffee - Plain City
- Cruise to Columbus Cars & Coffee at the City - Plain City
- Opening Ohio Truck Meet - Newark
Sunday (June 5):
- Heart of Ohio Antique Center Monthly Cruise-In - Springfield
- Spring Festival Car Show and Swap Meet - Lancaster
- The Point on Main Sports Bar & Grill Car Show - Columbus
- Triple F/Mercedes-Benz Easton Event 2 for 2022 - Columbus
- Autism Awareness Car Show - Dayton
- Twins Pizza 1 Year Celebration Car Show - Newark
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008
Check out the Save the Dates for 2022 page. Events are being added daily to the most comprehensive list of car events in Central Ohio.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
2022 Krieger Ford Mustang, All Ford & Truck Extravaganza:
Thanks to Greg Rittenhouse for providing info on the Krieger Ford Mustang and All Ford Show on Sunday, May 22.
The show was moved from August to May, which led to cooler temperatures. The event pre-registered 220 cars with another 22 registering on the day of the show. Fifty-nine of those that pre-registered did not attend the show. Overall, there were 192 cars physically at the event with 181 of those judged.
I received a couple of comments that the makeup of the show was mostly late-model and Fox-Body Mustangs. Not many early Mustangs or other Ford models.
Der Dutchman Cruise-In:
Nothing to report from Der Dutchman. Rain on Thursday evening washed out the cruise-in for this week.
The same goes for the Marysville Muscle End-of-the-Month Car/Bike meetup. It was canceled Friday evening thanks again to the rain.
2022 Heart of Grove City Spring Warm-Up Car Show:
The rain finally move out on Saturday just in time for the 2022 Heart of Grove City Spring Warm-Up Car Show hosted by the C-Town Cruisers. The show registered 116 cars.
The Best of Show award went to the 1940 Ford Woody Wagon owned by John Nuckles.
Other “Best Of” award winners were:
- Best Bike - Dan Brady, 2000 Electra Glide
- Best Truck - Patty Spillman, 37 Ford Truck
- Best Rat Rod - Al Salior, 2002 T Bucket
To see more from the Heart of Grove City Spring Warm-Up Show, CLICK HERE.
Hot Rods & Hot Wings Car Show:
The Tri-County Ohio Roughnecks hosted the first annual Hot Rods & Hot Wings Car Show at the Polaris Quaker Steak and Lube on Saturday. The show registered 35 cars. Ken Kubinski with a 1967 Pontiac Firebird took the Best of Show award.
Tom Stewart’s 1982 Chevy C10 pickup received the Best Truck award and Dale Pearce’s 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup was the Kids Choice winner.
Ye Olde Mill Rod Run and Picnic:
On Sunday, the Newark Rodders hosted their 51st Annual Ye Olde Mill Rod Run and Picnic at the Ye Olde Mill in Utica, Ohio, home of Velvet Ice Cream. The event attracted somewhere between 300 and 350 vehicles. Trophies were presented to the top 30-40 automobiles. There were no special awards or best of show.
CLICK HERE to see more from the Ye Olde Mill Rod Run.
New Straitsville Moon Shine Festival Cruise-In:
The city of New Straitsville, Ohio held its annual Moonshine Festival and Cruise-In on Sunday. The cruise-in registered 142 cars. Best of Show went to a 1964 red Corvette. Tom Stewart and Dale Pearce received ”Top 30” awards for their pickup trucks.
Some cruisers really got into the spirit of the festival.
Springfield Spring Swap Meet and Car Show:
One of the biggest car events from this past weekend was the three-day Springfield Swap Meet and Car Show a the Clark County Fairgrounds in Springfield, Ohio. The spring swap meet is the largest of the four swap meets held there every year.
The car show on Sunday presented only seven awards. Congratulations to our good friends, Jeff Shankle and Steve Schaeffer, for receiving two of those awards.
Mount Victory Antique Car Show and Petroliana Swap:
On Memorial Day, the city of Mount Victory, Ohio holds an antique car show and petroliana swap meet. There is no registration fee for the car show. There are also no awards. It’s just a big cruise-in with food trucks, yard sales, craft stores, and a petroliana swap meet. Cars park along the city streets or in the front yards of the local residents.
Jeff and Pam Shankle attended the show on Monday. Jeff estimated there were more than 400 cars in attendance and described the event as ”Crazy Cool”.
Here are a few of the photos Jeff took at the show.
That’s it for this week’s report. Assuming my flight doesn’t get canceled, I’ll be back in Ohio late Saturday afternoon. If things work out, I might be able to get in a show on Sunday.
A big shout out to Jeff Shankle, Dave Bratton, and Dale Pearce for contributing to this week's report.