This will be the last weekly list of car events for 2023. Next week I will be posting the schedule for the entire month of November.
Monday (October 23):
- Motor Monday Cruise-In - Newark
Tuesday (October 24):
- No Events Found
Wednesday (October 25):
- Picktown Midweek Car Meet & Cruise-In - Pickerington
- Wednesday Night Cruise-In [LAST ONE] - Westerville
Thursday (October 26):
- Leon's Garage Bike Night - Marysville
Friday (October 27):
- Car Guys Sonic Friday Nights - Heath
Saturday (October 28):
- Kickstands & Coffee Saturday Meet Up - Columbus
- Total Off-Road Grand Opening - Columbus
- Columbus Cars & Coffee Season Finale - Dublin
- Toy Barn Trunk or Treat [Registration]- Dublin
- Monster Mash Trunk or Treat - London
- Red Brick Tavern Cars & Coffee - London
- American Legion Post 92 Cruise-in & Chilli Cook-Off - Utica
- Trunk or Treat w/ Jake from State Farm - Westerville
Sunday (October 29):
- American Legion Canteen #144 Halloween Show - Columbus [CANCELED]
- O'Reilly Auto Parts Harrisburg Pike Trunk or Treat - Columbus
- Jeep, Truck, Bike, Classics Cruise-In - Hebron
- Last Sunday Bike, Truck & Car Cruise-In - Marengo
- Urbana Cruisers Trunk or Treat Spooktacular - Urbana
- CC&C at Starbucks - Westerville
For the most comprehensive list of events for the remainder of the season in Central Ohio, check out the "Save the Dates for 2023" page. There's also a quick link in the menu at the top of the page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Empty Pockets Cruisers Trunk or Treat:
The Empty Pockets Cruisers hosted its annual trunk or treat car show on Saturday at the Hilliard, Ohio Presbyterian Church.
The show registered 90 cars. This is down a little from previous years thanks to the weather and a noon kickoff of the Ohio State vs Penn State football game.
A tire popped mid-way through the show which got everyone's attention for several minutes.
It was reported that two Jeff Tolleys were seen roaming around the show.
The Empty Pockets Cruisers presented 50 award plaques at the end of the show. Five were for best costume. The car awards included "Favorite 40" along with four "Specialty" car awards and a Best of Show.
Because of rain moving into the area, the awards were presented a little early. The costume winners were selected prior to the awards presentation.
Here are the winners of the "Specialty" car awards:
The Best of Show award went to Edgar Hernandez's 1961 Chevy Apache.
The Lancaster Car Scene hosted its second annual Car-Toberfest at Outerbelt Brewing in Carroll, Ohio on Sunday.
The show had 157 cars in attendance beating last year's attendance of 142.
Awards were presented to the Top 100 along with awards for Best Jeep, Best Muscle, Best Truck, Veteran Choice, Best Bike, and Best of Show.
For the second year in a row, Bob Kraft and his 1955 Chevy 210 took home the Best of Show award.
I had family from out of town in for the Ohio State football game so I wasn't able to attend the show. However, I did receive lots of photos of the beautiful vehicles that were in attendance. Here's a slideshow from all those photos.
Other Area Shows:
- The Mid Ohio Cruisers Car Club out of Marysville, Ohio held its final car show of the season on Saturday evening. There were 28 cars in attendance at the Burger King on State Route 31.
- Dale Pearce and his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup received Best of Show honors on Sunday at a benefit car show in Hillsboro, Ohio for Max Sprague. Max is one of the primary moderators of the Ohio Car Shows and Cruise-ins Facebook group.
- Chad Herrick picked up his second Best Halloween Decoration award on Saturday at the Jax Wax Street Madness Halloween Edition. The first one of the day came at the Empty Pockets Trunk or Treat show. Chad estimated there were between 500-700 people at Jax Wax Street Madness Saturday evening.
- Tim Davidheiser's 1948 International Harvester KB-1 won Best of Show at The Masonic Lodge 475/VFW Post 3761 in Baltimore, Ohio on Sunday.
A big thanks to the following people for sending photos and info for this week's News and Notes:
- Dale Pearce
- Jeff Shankle
- Chad Herrick
- Bryan Mauger
I hope everyone has a good week! Stay safe. Next Monday will have the schedule for the entire month of November and a News and Notes report from the last weekend of October. We're down to the last three weeks of outdoor car events. Cross your fingers that the weather cooperates.