Just when you thought the schedule couldn't have more car events, along comes Saturday and Sunday this week.
I received notice that the City Apartments have asked the organizers of Columbus Cars and Coffee at the City not to hold the weekly Saturday morning cruise-ins on OSU Football home games. Paid parking will be enforced on those days after 10 AM. The first five games are at home this season so as of now the cruise-in won't return until October 8. The organizers are working on an alternative location for football Saturdays. I will post that location as soon as it is announced.
Tuesday (September 6):
- Plain City Tuesday Evening Cruise-In - Plain City
- Coaches Tuesday Night Summer Cruise-In - Gahanna
- OX-B's Tuesday Cruise Day - Newark
Wednesday (September 7):
- Wednesday Evening Cruise-In at Grace Chapel - Westerville
- Pickerington Mid-Week Meet - Pickerington
- OX-B's Wings and Wheels Cruise-In - Hebron
- Pizza Hut Cruise N' Dine Car Show - Mount Vernon
Thursday (September 8):
Friday (September 9):
- Friday Gathering at Sonic in Heath - Heath
- Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts Car Show - Marysville
- NAPA Friday Night Cruise-In - Hilliard
Saturday (September 10):
- CC&C at The City - Columbus [CANCELED: OSU Home Game]
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Cruise Night at the Dealership - Mount Victory
- Empty Pockets Patriot Day Car Show - Hilliard
- Women's Motor Fest - Columbus
- Heart of Grove City Patriots Day Car Show - Grove City
- Auto Smart Radio Cruise and Ride at Columbus Auto Resale - Columbus
- Grace Community Church of the Nazarene Cruise-In - New Lexington
- Kerry White Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Springfield
- Don Newland Memorial Car Show - Delaware
- End Poverty + Car and Motorcycle Show - Westerville
- Behind the Badge Cruise-In Logan County - Belle Center
- Delaware Christian Church Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show - Delaware
- American Legion Post 605 Breakfast Cruise-In - Waldo
- Capital City Church Classic Car/Bike Show & Fish Fry - Lockbourne
- VFW Riders Post 3762 Warrior Run - Washington Court House
- Columbus Cars and Coffee Meet at Esoteric - New Albany
- Viper Meet with Hocking Hills Cars & Coffee - Logan
- Free Will Baptist Church Car Show and Cruise-In - Reynoldsburg
- UASQUAD Car Meet - Dublin
- Lite the Nite Car Show - Newark
Sunday - (September 11):
- The Point on Main Sports Bar & Grill Car Show (Patriot Day) - Columbus [CANCELED]
- Ohio Corvette Club Alliance Corvette Gathering - Lancaster
- Gahanna Community Church Car Show - Gahanna
- Cruise-In at the Bean - Croton
- United Ford Owners All Ohio Ford Show - Plain City
- Real Church Car & Bike Show - Pickerington
- Bash for Banners - Washington Court House
- Wings & Rings Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Lewis Center
- Riverside Dairy Car Show - Mount Vernon [Rain Date]
- Burnzie's Old Trail Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Columbus [CANCELED]
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008
Check out the Save the Dates for 2022 page. Events are still being added to the most comprehensive list of car events in Central Ohio.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Once again a weather pattern of rain showers Saturday, Sunday, and Monday hampered the car events scheduled for the holiday weekend. I know of three shows (two of them on Labor Day) that were canceled and others that decide to take place rain or shine with lower-than-expected attendance.
Der Dutchman Thursday Cruise-In
Attendance at the Thursday evening cruise-in in Plain City, Ohio was slightly up this week from last week with 309 cars.
There were two unique vehicles in attendance. The first was a 1988 Crown Super Coach school bus its owner called the "Beast". The bus is 38 feet in length with a gross vehicle weight of 37,400 lbs and seating for 84 passengers.
The second vehicle is a sports car I'm sure most of you have never heard of called the Panoz Esperante. It was assembled in Hoschton, Georgia from 2001 to 2007. It was available in either a coupe or convertible. The power plant was engines from either Ford or GM. Everyone that helped build the car put their signature under the hood.
Zucchini Festival Car & Motorcycle Show
One of the scheduled events at The Zucchini Festival held at Fortress Obetz in Obetz, Ohio on Friday evening was the annual car and motorcycle show. This show is part of the Auto Smarts Radio Cruise and Ride series.
The show registered just under 170 cars with an estimated 25-30 more cars in attendance that didn't register.
There were a total of 53 awards presented at the end of the show. Some of those awards included the Top 25, Automotion Picks, Best Bike, Mayor's Choice, Council's Choice, and Best of Show.
Andrew VanErt and his 1968 Chevy Chevelle took home the Best of Show honors.
CLICK HERE to see more award winners and the rest of the cars in attendance at the Zucchinifest Show.
Richwood Bank Coffee & Cars Cruise-In
The Richwood Bank in Delaware, Ohio held its final cruise-in of the season on Saturday morning. Approximately 16 cars turned out for the event. As usual, complimentary caffeinated and decaffeinated beverages were available to anyone registering a vehicle from the coffee bar inside the bank.
This month's raffle prizes included a couple of duffle bags with pizza coupons inside and bucket caddy filled with car care products and a fifth of Coopers' Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. One lucky cruiser went home not only able to clean his car but have a good time in the process.
Dublin AM Rotary Classic Car Show
Showers on Sunday morning held attendance down at the 3rd Annual Dublin AM Rotary Classic Car Show in the historic downtown Dublin, Ohio business district. When I arrived around 11 o'clock, only 18 cars had registered for the show. After the rain took a break for a few hours and the roads started to dry, the final registration reached 51 cars.
The show presented "Top 30" picks and a Best of Show.
Our good friends, Jeff Shankle and Dave Bratton received special awards. Jeff's 1972 Buick station wagon received the Woodhouse Day Spa's pick and Dave's 1937 Ford convertible received the "Wild Ride" award.
The Best of Show award went to the 1961 Morgan 4/4 Series III belonging to Chuck Putsch.
To see more from the Dublin AM Rotary show, CLICK HERE.
Other Area Shows:
- The Auto Smarts Radio Cruise and Ride atTen Pin Ally Car Show in Hilliard, Ohio on Saturday registered just under 60 cars. The Best of Show award went to Dr. Ron Rogers and his 1969 Plymouth GTX
- The Mechanicsburg First Responders Car Show on Saturday had 148 cars in attendance. If anyone knows who won Best of Show, please post it in the comments.
- Eighty-seven cars attended the Canal Winchester Labor Day Festival Car/Truck/Bike Show on Sunday. Tom Stewart's "Orange Crush" 1982 Chevy C10 pickup received the Best Truck award. Blake Behrens' 1949 Chevy Business Coupe took home the Best of Show honors.
Members of the Rusty Lug Nuts took home some hardware from the show.
- The Flywheels car show in Prospect, Ohio on Saturday had 216 cars in attendance.
That's it for this week. If you have info about other shows that took place this weekend, please feel free to post it in the comments section.
A big thank you to Jeff Shankle and Dale Pearce for their help preparing this week's report.