This first week of May kicks the 2023 car show season into full send.
Thursday sees the Der Dutchman Restaurant in Plain City and Full Throttle Thursdays in Obetz start weekly cruise-ins.
Jax Wax will host its aptly named Street Madness event Saturday evening at National Trails Raceway.
Throw in a full slate of events on Saturday and Sunday and all the ingredients are there for a big week of car events in Central Ohio.
Monday (May 1):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (May 2):
- No Events Found
Wednesday (May 3):
- Picktown Midweek Car Meet & Cruise-In - Pickerington
Thursday (May 4):
- Yabo's Tacos Bike Night - Powell
- Full Throttle Thursdays - Obetz
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
- Dalton Union Winery & Brewery Cruise-In - Marysville
Friday (May 5):
- Car Guys Sonic Friday Nights - Heath
- Downtown Delaware First Friday Cruise-In - Delaware
Saturday (May 6):
- Kickstands & Coffee Saturday Meet Up - Columbus
- CC&C at The City Apartments - Columbus
- Red Brick Tavern Cars & Coffee - London
- Yabo's Tacos Weekly Car Meet - Powell
- Rod Knockers Car Club Monthly Car Show - Marion
- NAMI Mid-Ohio Car Show - Columbus
- Spring Fever Car, Truck, Motorcycle Show - Xenia
- Gathering Place Car Show - Washington CH
- Elgin Music Boosters Classic Car & Bike Show - Marion
- Tri-County's Annual Car Show - Nelsonville
- Jax Wax Street Madness - Hebron
- Take Back the Strip Cruise for Community Cupboard - Circleville
- Richwood Bank Coffee & Cars Cruise-In - Delaware
- Cars & Coffee with Jake from State Farm - Westerville
Sunday - (May 7):
- CC&C at Starbucks - Westerville
- Marysville Motors (Formerly Marysville Muscle) Monthly Meet - Marysville
- Heart of Ohio Antique Center Monthly Cruise-In (12 -4) - Springfield
- Jeep, Truck, Bike, Classics Cruise-In - Hebron
- Slammedenuff Ohio Car Show - Columbus
- The Point on Main Street Car Show - Columbus
- Eldorado's Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Columbus
- Dick Druschel Memorial Car Show - Baltimore
- Circleville First Church Auto Show - Circleville
- Roseville Lions Club Car Show - South Zanesville [Rain Date]
- Hocking Hills C&C/LCS Pop-up Car Meet - Logan/Carroll
For the most comprehensive list of future events in Central Ohio, check out the "Save the Dates for 2023" page. There's also a quick link in the menu at the top of the page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Last week we lost another Central Ohio Cruiser. Calvin Rowland Jr of Urbana passed away on April 21, 2023, after a battle with cancer.
Many of you will recognize Calvin by his 1952 Chevy and 1987 GMC pickups. Calvin participated in shows all over Central Ohio with his trucks.
Our condolences go out to his family. Calvin will be missed.
Paul Radeuge Memorial Car Show:
Despite less than ideal weather for a car show, some 60-plus cars attended the Paul Radeuge Memorial Car Show on April 23rd at the Outerbelt Brewing in Carroll, Ohio.
The Best of Show award went to Blake Behrens and his 1949 Chevy Business Coupe.
Import Face-Off (Spring):
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Import Face-Off may well be the second largest car event in Central Ohio after Goodguys.
Check out these photos from the event posted on "TheFloat" website. The crowd is very impressive considering how cold and dreary it was that day.
For the second year in a row, the C6 Corvette belonging to Bling Amobi Breezy of the Street Kingz Car Club took Best Install and Best in Show at the Import Face-Off. Congratulations!
Logan Church of the Nazarene Car & Vendor Show:
Early morning showers didn't stop 40 cars from participating in the Logan Church of the Nazarene Car & Vendor Show on Saturday in Logan, Ohio.
Our good friend, Dale Pearce, and his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup received the Best Antique Truck award.
The Best of Show award went to Greg Simons and his 1962 Mercury Monterey.
Dick Ater Memorial Jaguar Jubilee:
Dan "Boots" Longenette and the Auto Smarts Cruise & Ride crew presided over the Dick Ater Memorial Jaguar Jubilee Car Show in Springfield, Ohio on Saturday.
The show registered 70 vehicles. The show featured a nice silent auction with many items made from cut steel. Refreshments were provided by 4-5 food trucks on site. As you can see from the photo below, some of the awards presented were not your typical trophy or plaque.
Here's a small slideshow of some of the cars from the Dick Ater Jaguar Jubilee. A big thanks to Dave Bratton for sharing his photos from the show.
Masonic Lodge 475/VFW 3761 Car Show:
Shaun "Big Dawg" Sanders and the C-Town Cruisers hosted their first show of the season on Sunday in Baltimore, Ohio. The show had approximately 35 cars in attendance. Dale Pearce's 1950 3100 Chevy pickup took home the Best of Show honors. Dale had a very good weekend.
Finally, our good friend, Phil Monroe, and his 1971 Dodge Challenger RT received the Peoples Choice Award at the London Walmart Show on Sunday.
If anyone participated in the Toy Barn Car Show on Sunday, please share your experience in the comment section. I'm sure there was a good crowd there.
Special thanks to Dave Bratton, Dale Pearce, Anthony Musick, and Bling Amobi Breezy for their help in putting together this week's report.