Here are the events for the second to last weekend in October.
Two big events this week will be the Jax Wax Street Madness Halloween Edition and the latest Triple F Collection Supercar Unveiling. The Street Madness series has outgrown the 11th Avenue headquarters and has moved to National Trail Raceway in Hebron, Ohio. If the weather is decent, both events should have huge turnouts.
Monday (October 17):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (October 18):
Wednesday (October 19):
- Wednesday Evening Cruise-In at Grace Chapel - Westerville
- Pickerington Mid-Week Meet - Pickerington
Thursday (October 20):
- No Events Found
Friday (October 21):
Saturday (October 22):
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Western Ohio Cars N Scouts - Enon
- Come Show Off Your Car - Butler
- Trunk or Treat Collaboration Meet - Columbus
- NF Performance Trunk or Treat - North Lewisburg
- Jax Wax Street Madness Halloween Edition - Hebron
- Cruise to Street Madness - Dublin
Sunday - (October 23):
- Capital Kia Trunk or Treat - Columbus
- Lancaster Car Scene Car-Toberfest - Carroll
- CC&C at The City - Westerville
- Baltimore Masonic Lodge #475 Car Show - Baltimore
- Ohio Car Meets x Brew Dog - Canal Winchester
- Latest Triple F Supercar Unveiling - New Albany
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008
Check out the Save the Dates for 2022 page to see what events are left for the rest of October and November.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
There were a lot of final shows of the season this week.
Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts Car Show
Creative Automotive and the Advanced Auto Parts Store in Marysville, Ohio held its October car show on Friday evening.
The show had 19 cars in attendance and raised $155 from door prizes and a 50/50 raffle for the local food pantries.
Here are the three vehicles the manager of the Advanced Auto Parts Store picked for awards.
November 11 will be the Last Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts Car show of the season. I've been told that the wheelbarrow and firewood are ready to go.
Empty Pocket Cruisers Trunk or Treat Car Show
The Empty Pocket Cruisers and the Hilliard Presbyterian Church in Hilliard, Ohio hosted their 9th Annual Trunk or Treat Car Show on Saturday. Not sure what it is about this show, but it really brings out the Halloween spirit in folks to do this to their cars.
The show registered 147 cars. Trick or Treating "officially" took place from 1 -3 PM. And let me tell you there were a lot of trick-or-treaters this year. My 365-piece bag of candy was gone well before the awards were presented!
Speaking of awards, The Empty Pocket Cruisers presented plaques to the "Favorite 40" cars, trucks, and motorcycles along with a Church's Choice, Kid's Choice, DJ's Choice, and Sponsor's Choice. Because of Halloween, there were also award plaques for Best Decoration and Best Costume for both adults and children.
Here are the best-decorated cars:
Here are some of the best costumes:
The Special Award winners:
For the rest of the cars and scenes from the Empty Pockets Trunk or Treat Show, CLICK HERE.
Eldorado's Car, Truck, and Bike Show
On Sunday, Frank Russell and the Crossroads Event team hosted their final show of the season at Eldorados Pizza/Spirits in Columbus, Ohio.
With near-perfect weather for October, the show registered 50 cars. There were door prizes plus a 50/50 raffle. At the end of the show, more than 30 trophies were presented including a variety of specialty categories.
The Best in Show award went to Viki and Don Campbell with a 1934 Chevy Master Sedan. Vicki and Don drove 120 miles one-way to attend the show.
CLICK HERE to see all the specialty category winners and the rest of the cars from the Eldorados show.
Cruis'in O'Reilly Auto Parts 2022
On Sunday, the Pastime Cruisers held its final show of the season at the O'Reillys Auto Parts store on Harrisburg Pike in Columbus, Ohio.
The show registered between 35 -40 cars. Awards were presented to the "Favorite" 25 and a Manager's Choice.
The final Manager's Choice award for 2022 went to the 1947 Cadillac of Craig Coleman.
For more cars from the O'Reillys show, CLICK HERE.
Other Area Shows
- More than 60 cars turned out for the Mid Ohio Cruisers' final show of the season at the Burger King in Marysville, Ohio on Saturday evening.
- Two Rusty Lug Nut members received awards at the New Beginnings Church Cruise-N-Shop Show in Ashville, Ohio on Saturday. Dale Pearce received the Furthest Driven and People's Choice awards and Anthony Musick received the Best Mopar.
- Sunday Dick "Hot Dog" Ryman held his annual Wooden Nickel Cruise-In at the Heart of Ohio Antique Center in Springfield, Ohio. There were almost 200 cars in attendance.
- The 1965 Ford Falcon belonging to Steven DeMatteo took home the Best of Show honors at the FOP Associate Car Show in Whitehall, Ohio on Sunday.
Special thanks to Jeff Shankle, Dale Pearce, Brian Thompson, and Dave Bratton for their help in preparing this week's report.