Another month of car shows and cruise-ins will be in the books after this weekend. Five months down only four more to go in the 2021 season.
This week the schedule for Saturday isn't as heavy as it has been the past few weeks, and there's a little more variety to choose from on Sunday.
NEWS AND NOTES:
A Thursday evening + nice weather = lots of cars at Der Dutchman. This past week saw attendance at the cruise-in in Plain City, Ohio reach 374 cars.
The highlights from the evening were a gorgeous resto-moded 1967 Camaro with an LS3 engine dropped in it and a white and chrome Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Another cool thing at Der Dutchman was the license plate collection of Kerry Rich. Kerry has a license plate for every year one has been issued by the state of Ohio. His father started the collection and Kerry has continued it.
To see more photos from Der Dutchman, click here.
The Blackwing Shooting Center in Ostrander, Ohio held its 7th Annual Summer Blast Car Show on Saturday. The show registered 91 cars with a few more showing up but not registering. The awards were an engraved Yeti Mug. I didn't realize that's what they were presenting for awards or I would have taken some photos of them. It's not often the music at a car show has to compete with the sound of gunshots.
To see the vehicles that received an award and other cars from the Blackwing Summer Blast, click here.
I received a report that the Battle of the Brands hosted by the GTO Association of Central Ohio at the Big Walnut Grill in Sunbury, Ohio set a new attendance record Saturday. The show registered somewhere in the neighborhood of 240 cars and could have had more but had to turn cars away because there were no more parking spaces. If you have any information on this show, please feel free to post in the comment section.
Jax Wax Street Madness is exactly what it turned out to be Saturday evening. There was a line of cars waiting to get into the parking lot when I arrived at 7:00 PM and a line of cars still waiting to get in when I left at 8:30 PM. There were too many cars to count, but I bet close to a thousand showed up for the event.
It was generally a younger crowd in attendance. There were Lots of Mustangs, Challengers, older Corvettes, and Japanese manufacturers. Not many classic cars. Some car owners had more money invested in speakers and amplifiers than they did in their cars. Air bagged suspensions seemed to be the norm Saturday evening.
Click Jax Wax Street Madness for more photos from the event.
Dave Bratton was kind enough to send photos from the Dick Marsh Memorial Car Show that to took place in Newark, Ohio on Sunday. The event registered around 100 cars. Best of Show went to Jimi Marshall and his 1960 Cadillac Eldorado.
And finally, congratulations to Brian Thompson for receiving the Larry Bickers Memorial Award at the C-Town Cruisers Saturday Night Cruise at Nik Fixx Automotive Show.
I'm still adding events for August, September, October, and November. For the most up-to-date list of car events in Central Ohio from now until November, check out the Save the Dates for 2021 page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top of the page. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
Monday (July 26):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (July 27):
- Perco Summer Fun Cruise - New Lexington
- DQ Hot Rod Gatherings - South Bloomfield
- Polaris Hilton Cruise-In Night - Columbus
Wednesday (July 28):
- Pic-Town Cruisers Cruise-In at the DQ - Baltimore
- Pick-Town Car Meets- Pickerington
- Grace Chapel Wednesday Night Cruise-In - Westerville
Thursday (July 29):
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
Friday (July 30):
- Sonic Drive-In Friday Night Cruise-Ins - Heath
- White's Ford Car Show - Urbana
- Marysville Muscle Monthly Cruise-In - Marysville
- Pharisburg Methodist Church Cruise-In with C-Town Cruisers - Marysville
Saturday (July 31):
- Shakers Public House Weekly Car Show - Columbus
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Cars N' Breakfast - Pickerington
- Cars and Coffee Springfield - Springfield
- Purple Door Cruise-In - Grove City
- Officer Ciera Green Memorial Car and Bike Show - Bowersville
- Heels and Wheels Car Show - Columbus
- Hocking Hills Cars and Coffee July Meet - Logan
- Columbus Cars and Coffee - Cherry Valley Classics - Newark
- Cruisin' with the C-Town Cruisers at Cardo's Pizza & Tavern - Pickerington
- Life City Church Car Cruise and Show - Pickerington
- Roundtown Conservancy Car, Tractor Show & Tenderloin Sale - Circleville
- Ohio Ride for Autism - Plain City
Sunday (August 1):
- Ramsey's Cruise-In (11 AM - 3 PM) - Marysville
- Heart of Ohio Antique Center Cruise-In - Springfield
- Sunday Afternoon Car Meet at The Point on Main - Columbus
- Poor Man's Nationals - Plain City
- Obetz Car Show - Obetz
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008