The last weekend of September has the dubious distinction of having an equal number of car events scheduled on Saturday and on Sunday.
UPDATE: Several events were announced mid-week so Saturday now has more events listed than Sunday. Things are back to normal...
Monday (September 19):
- Southside Diner Monthly Cruise-In - Mount Vernon
Tuesday (September 20):
- Plain City Tuesday Evening Cruise-In - Plain City
- Coaches Tuesday Night Summer Cruise-In - Gahanna
- OX-B's Tuesday Cruise Day - Newark
- Der Dutchman Bellvile Cruise-In for Kids - Bellville
Wednesday (September 21):
- Wednesday Evening Cruise-In at Grace Chapel - Westerville
- Pickerington Mid-Week Meet - Pickerington
- OX-B's Wings and Wheels Cruise-In - Hebron
Thursday (September 22):
- Der Dutchman Restaurant Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
Friday (September 23):
- Friday Gathering at Sonic in Heath - Heath
- Hidden Lakes Winery Sizzlin Summer Season Series - Canal Winchester
- NAPA Friday Night Cruise-In - Hilliard
- Shooting the Loop, Marion Ohio Lap Nights - Marion
- National Road Show - Bexley
Saturday (September 24):
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- N & F Performance Monthly Meet-Up - North Lewisburg
- Mad River Amory and Range Cruise-In - Springfield
- Laurelville Fish Fry and Car Show - Laurelville
- Burnzie's Old Trail Cruise-In - Columbus
- Still Electric Mods, Rods, and Classics Car Show - Columbus
- Farrow's Hot Rods & Handlebars - Sunbury
- Honeys & Hotrods: Harley Davidson - Sunbury
- Kidspalooza Cruise and Tunes - Circleville
- Cruisin' for Kids - Logan
- Year End Square Body Chevy Truck Meet - Mount Gilead
- Limitless Barber Shop Street Cruisin' - Columbus
- Bickford Assisted Living Cruise-In - Lancaster
- Cars & Coffee w/ Jake from State Farm - Westerville
Sunday - (September 25):
- CC&C at The City - Westerville
- North Hills Church Annual Car Bike Show - Springfield
- Northland HS Alumni Classic Car & Motorcycle Show - Columbus
- KCCC Auto Tech Car Show/Cruise-In - Mount Vernon
- Fall Fling Car, Truck & Bike Show - Columbus
- Sunbury Lions Club Country Cruise-In - Sunbury [CANCELED]
- Ed Anderson AMC Meet - Millersport [Note: Location change to Springfield Antique Mall #2 at St Rt 41 Exit. The correct address is 4700 S Charleston Pk, Springfield, OH]
- Three Pits and a Lady Car Show and Cruise-In - Circleville
- Shamrock Club Classic Car & Bike Show - Columbus
- FC Fall Cruise-In - Lancaster
- NewLex Classic Riders Car Show - New Lexington
- Vinberige Vineyards Car Show - Glenford
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008
Check out the Save the Dates for 2022 page. Events are still being added to the most comprehensive list of car events in Central Ohio.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Finally got a dry weekend in Central Ohio. And because of the dry weekend, I'm posting lots of photos. If you attended a show or cruise-in this weekend, there's a good chance your car may be in one of those photos.
Der Dutchman Thursday Cruise-In
The weekly Thursday evening cruise-in in Plain City, Ohio continues to inch closer to the 400 mark. This week 355 vehicles attended the cruise-in. Only two more cruise-in left for this season.
On Saturday the restaurant held its second Coffee and Donut cruise-in of the season. The first one was back in July and was dampened by rain. One couldn't have asked for better weather this Saturday morning. More than 100 cars stopped by to partake in a donut and favorite morning beverage for a buck each.
Cruisin' with the King in 2022
The Mid Ohio Cruisers Car Club registered 40 cars at the Burger King off St. Rt. 31 in Marysville, Ohio on Saturday evening. The monthly show features free registration, door prizes, and a 50/50 raffle. The club presents awards to its 15 "Favorites" at each show.
To see this month's "Favorites" and the rest of the cars from the show, CLICK HERE.
The Mid Ohio Cruisers will host its last show of the season at Burger King on October 15. As you can guess, Halloween costumes, decorations, and candy are encouraged
Benny's Pizza Car, Truck, and Bike Show
Marysville, Ohio was a busy place on Saturday. With the help of Big "Dawg" and the C-Town Cruisers, a car show made its return to Benny's Pizza on Columbus Avenue.
The show registered more than 120 cars. Best of Show honors went to Carol Atwell with a 1928 Ford Model A 2 Door Sedan.
Motts Military Driving for Daisy Car Show
The Auto Smarts Radio Cruise and Ride crew made its annual stop at the Motts Military Museum in Groveport, Ohio on Saturday.
The show had 84 cars in attendance. Boot's Pick went to our good friend, Dale Pearce, and his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup.
Another good friend, Craig Grunkemeyer, took home the Best of Show award with his 1967 Corvette convertible.
First Church of God Fish Fry and Car Show
Saturday turned out to be "Good Friends Award Day". Our good friend, Dave Bratton, drove to Circleville, Ohio on Saturday to participate in the First Church of God Fish Fry and Car Show. The lovely country setting ended up with 68 cars participating in the show.
Not only did Dave rave about the fish and pecan pie, but His 1937 Ford convertible took home the Best of Show trophy.
CLICK HERE, for more photos from the First Church of God Fish Fry and Car Show.
Dub Pub 1st Annual Car Show
After canceling twice because of rain, the 1st Annual Dub Pub Car Show in Dublin, Ohio finally landed on a dry Sunday.
Mike Mitchell who organized the On the Rocks car shows for many years was the primary organizer for this show.
The show registered 78 vehicles. Proceeds from the Door prizes and a 50/50 raffle went to support Back the Blue K9 Units. Thanks to the generous folks at the show the total amount in the 50/50 raffle reached $600. One lucky person went home $300 richer.
Trophies were awarded to the Top 30 cars and trucks. There were also awards for the Best GM, Ford Mopar, Corvette, and import. The top awards were Runner Up Best of Show and Best of Show.
Here are the top award winners from the show:
For more from the 1st Annual Dub Pub Car Show, CLICK HERE.
Speak! For the Unspoken Fall Car Show
The Mustang Club of Ohio co-hosted the Speak! For the Unspoken Fall Car Show on Sunday in Hilliard, Ohio. Proceeds from the show went to Speak! for the Unspoken organization which focuses on the rescue of special needs dogs and cats.
The show had just under 200 cars in attendance. The Best of Show award went to Ansel Fox with a 1969 Chevy Camaro.
You can see some of the cars that attended the show by clicking on this LINK.
- A couple of weeks ago I asked if anyone knew who took Best of Show at the Mechanicsburg First Responders Car Show over Labor Day weekend. Well Terri Miller, wife of Mike Miller, sent me a photo of Mike and his 1970 Tor Red Road Runner convertible. The car is 1 of 179 produced that year.
- Some very sad news. Patrick A. Petrime of Ashley, Ohio was killed Sunday evening when his 1975 Corvette Stingray crashed on Liberty Rd near Home Rd. He had just attended the Dub Pub show in Dublin, Ohio that afternoon. Some of you may recognize his car. My condolences go out to his family.
That's it for this week. A big thank you to Jeff Shankle, Dave Bratton, and Dale Pearce for their help in preparing this week's report.