The month of August ends with what might just be the biggest week of the season for car events in Central Ohio. It's a doozie!
Monday (August 22):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (August 23):
- Plain City Tuesday Evening Cruise-In - Plain City
- Coaches Tuesday Night Summer Cruise-In - Gahanna
- OX-B's Tuesday Cruise Day - Newark
Wednesday (August 24):
- Wednesday Evening Cruise-In at Grace Chapel - Westerville
- Pickerington Mid-Week Meet - Pickerington
- OX-B's Wings and Wheels Cruise-In - Hebron
Thursday (August 25):
- Full Throttle Thursdays - Obetz
- Der Dutchman Restaurant Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
- QFM96 Bike Night at Leon's Garage - Marysville
Friday (August 26):
- Friday Gathering at Sonic in Heath - Heath
- Marysville Muscle/Honda Motosports Monthly Meet-Up - Marysville
- Shooting the Loop, Marion Ohio Lap Nights - Marion
- C&C Gearhead Fest Pre-Show Meet - Springfield
- Hidden Lakes Winery Sizzlin Summer Season Series - Canal Winchester
Saturday (August 27):
- CC&C at The City - Columbus
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- N & F Performance Monthly Meet-Up - North Lewisburg
- 14th Annual Gospel Car & Motorcycle Show - Columbus
- Gearhead Fest - Springfield
- Zane Trace Band Boosters Car Show - Kingston/Chillicothe
- Dave Argyle Memorial Car Show - Lancaster
- Bob Pool "Orphan" Car Show - Yellow Springs
- 2nd Annual Cruisin' For Charity - Obetz
- Mike Hamilton Memorial Cruz Night - Rushsylvania
- McKean Auto Show - Newark
- Change the Scene Monthly Meet - Columbus
- Family Farm & Home Tractor Days Car Show - Washington Court House
- Southeast Conservation Club Car and Bike Show - Grove City
- Springdale Baptist Church Hot Rods and Hot Food - Marysville
- Iron Pony Custom & Classics Bike Show - Westerville
- Whitehall American Legion 490 Car & Bike Show - Whitehall
- LSS Kensington Place Cruise-In - Columbus
- Columbus HOG Chapter Freedom Ride - Columbus
- Jeffersonville UMC Car & Bike Show - Jeffersonville
- Speeding to Read Charity Car Show - Dublin
- 5th Delaware Cruise Night - Delaware [Rain Date]
- Lancaster Car Scene Car Meet - Carroll
Sunday - (August 28):
- Annual Culp Lake Car Show - Springfield
- Iron Pony Ride For Rhinos - Westerville
- 32nd Degree Masons Car Show - Washington Court House
- Rams & Rhinos Charity Car & Bike Show - Marysville
- Auto Smarts Radio Cruise and Ride at Masseys Pizza - Heath [Rain Date]
- Moundbuilders Motor Mania Car Show - Newark
- Toy Barn Fall 2022 Car Show - Dublin
- That One Place Deli & Diner Classic Car Show - Millersport
- VFW Post 7201 Car, Truck, and Bike Show - Marion
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008
Check out the Save the Dates for 2022 page. Events are still being added daily to the most comprehensive list of car events in Central Ohio.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Der Dutchman Thursday Cruise-In
The Thursday evening cruise-in at the Der Dutchman Restaurant in Plain City, Ohio had another excellent turnout with 269 cars.
This week's cruise-in "Unique Vehicle Award" goes to the 2008 Ford F-450 4x4 8-door pickup of Andy and Kim Matyac. According to the owner, the truck's powerplant is a twin-turbo diesel making well over 700 horsepower.
39th Annual Arthritis Foundation Classic Auto Show & Cruise-in:
The Arthritis Foundation Classic Auto Show & Cruise-in took place Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at Metro Place in Dublin, Ohio. After Goodguys, the Arthritis Show is the second largest car event in Central Ohio. The unofficial attendance numbers I have for this year are approximately 350 cars registered for Friday's open cruise-in and just over 500 cars for the class judging on Saturday.
Dave Bratton's 1937 Ford Convertible was the featured car on this year's six-foot trophy presented to the Top 50 cars during Friday's open cruise-in. Dave and Lou Koester sponsored the trophies this year.
Here are a few of the local Top 50 winners:
- William Brown - 1979 Ford Mustang Pace Car
- Scott McPherson (aka Galaxy Mac/Cadillac Mac) - 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
- Mike Coughlin - 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
- Scott Mayo - 1968 Chevy Camaro
- Dave Bratton - 1937 Ford Convertible
- Mark Mitchell - 2004 Chevy SSR
One of the thrills for me was having the opportunity to see three 1963 split-window Corvette coupes all in the same weekend.
As luck would have it, a line of heavy thunderstorms roared through Central Ohio around 4 PM on Saturday. If anyone has information on the storms and the awards presentation on Saturday please post it in the comment section.
I did manage to take close to 170 photos from the show on Friday and Saturday before the rains hit. CLICK HERE if you want to see more cars and scenes from the 39th Annual Arthritis Classic Car Show and Cruise-In.
Speaking of thunderstorms, they impacted most if not all the Saturday evening shows and some of the Sunday ones as well. The show at the Dub Pub was postponed for the second week in a row and is now rescheduled for September 18. The Riverside Dairy Car Show was also postponed and will be rescheduled for another date.
Woodward Dream Cruise:
I know Michigan isn't anywhere close to Central Ohio. And for a lot of folks in Ohio, the sheer mention of the state causes a burst of expletives spewing forth from their mouths. But Dan "Boots" Longenette from Auto Smarts Radio and our good friend, Jeff Shankle, made the trip to that state up north this weekend for the annual Woodward Dream Cruise.
Jeff, bless his heart, "tagged" me on the 456 photos he took from the cruise and posted to Facebook. I went through all 456 and picked my favorites to share with everyone. Hope you enjoy them.
That's it for this week. Hopefully, we can get out of this pattern of rain on the weekends.
A big thank you to Jeff Shankle and Dale Pearce for sharing their photos from this past weekend.