The big event this week will be the Performance Charity Car Show in Downtown Delaware, Ohio on Saturday. Originally scheduled for July, the show was postponed due to weather.
I contacted the Dairy Queen in South Bloomfield, the Sonic Drive-In in Heath and the Rusty Lug Nutz group out of Pickerington. All three told me they will continue their weekly cruise-ins as long as the weather is good and cars continue to show up. All predicted they would likely finish by the end of October.
CLICK HERE to skip the News and Notes section and go directly to the list of events.
NEWS AND NOTES:
The last cruise-in of the season at the Der Dutchman Restaurant in Plain City, Ohio set a new attendance record on Thursday. The cruise-in registered 439 cars! This broke the previous attendance record of 401 cars set back on August 20, 2020. The photo below will give you a sense of just how packed the place was Thursday evening.
CLICK HERE to see more photos from the final 2021 Der Dutchman Cruise-In.
Downtown Delaware First Friday:
Approximately 25-30 cars turned out for the final downtown Delaware, Ohio First Friday event of 2021. Ghostbusters appeared to be the unofficial theme of the evening.
Tolles Car and Craft Show:
The Tolles Career & Technical Center in Plain City, Ohio held their 4th Annual Car and Craft Show on Saturday.
The show registered 111 cars. Instead of dash plaques, the first 100 cars to register received a unique etched wooden plaque commemorating participation in the show.
The show presented a total of 23 awards. There were no "Favorites". Instead, each car was entered into one of 19 classes. Trophies were presented to each class winner. There was also a People's Choice award, a Best of Show award, and two special awards.
Clement Thun's 1947 Chevrolet Fleetline Aerosedan was selected Best of Show.
To see more cars from the Tolles Car and Craft Show and the rest of the class winners , CLICK HERE.
Toy Barn Fall Car Show:
I registered to participate in the Toy Barn Car Show on Sunday but decided to go as a spectator due to the weather. I counted close to 70 cars and a decent number of spectators when I was there around 10 AM. Although this was a far cry from the number of cars and the crowd at the spring show back in May.
To see more from the soggy Toy Barn Fall Show, check out its PHOTO PAGE.
Other Area Car Shows:
- The 8th Annual Mario Knapp Memorial Car Show held at Quaker Steak and Lube on Lyra Drive in Columbus, Ohio registered over 150 cars on Saturday.
- Sixty-Five cars turned out for the 4th Annual BGMC Car Show at the New Beginnings Church in Columbus, Ohio
- More than 160 cars participated in the Steve Austin's Auto Group Car and Truck Show in Bellefontaine, Ohio on Saturday. I received a report that the music was loud enough to cause hearing damage.
- Rick Levine's 1970 Oldsmobile 442 convertible took Best of Show honors at the Community Christian Church Fall Craft, Vendor and Car Show.
If you have information about any other area shows that took place this past weekend, please feel free to post in the Comment Section.
I want to thank Dave Bratton, Cathy and Mark Krist, and Dale Pearce for their help making this week's report.
Events are still coming in for October, and November. For the most up-to-date list of car events in Central Ohio from now through November, check out the Save the Dates for 2021 page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top of the page. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
Monday (October 4):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (October 5):
- DQ Hot Rod Gatherings - South Bloomfield
Wednesday (October 6):
- Rusty Lug Nutz Cruise-In - Baltimore
Thursday (October 7):
- No Events Found
Friday (October 8):
- Sonic Drive-In Friday Night Cruise-Ins - Heath
- Cruise-In for a Cause - Urbana [Parking Instructions]
- Fall Bang Car Show - LaRue
- Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts Car Show - Marysville
Saturday (October 9):
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Greenfield Car Show and Food Truck Rally - Greenfield
- Performance Charity Car Show - Delaware [Rain Date]
- Hebron Nazarene Car and Truck Show - Hebron
- Street Race Ohio Fall Meet - Newark
- Halloween Festival Cruise-In & Trunk or Treat - Chillicothe
- Post Downtown Delaware Car Show Cruise Night - Delaware
- Horsepower in Heath - Heath
- The Ohio Autism Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show - Croton
- Cars and Coffee: Springfield [Season Finale] - Springfield
- Pop & Mop Charity Ride and Cruise-In - Marion
Sunday (October 10):
- Marysville Car Meet - Marysville
- C-Town Cruisers All About The Trophy at The Point on Main - Columbus [Rain Date]
- Danville Memorial Park Car Show - Danville [Rain Date]
- Riverside Dairy Cruise-In - Mount Vernon
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008