This will be the last BIG Saturday of events for the 2021 season. The number of events starts to taper off after this weekend. This weekend will also mark the "unofficial" start to the Trunk or Treat season so get those Halloween costumes and candy ready.
CLICK HERE to skip the News and Notes section and go directly to the list of events.
NEWS AND NOTES:
Der Dutchman Cruise-in:
Here's my final word on the Der Dutchman Cruise-in for this year. The banquet was this past Thursday. During the banquet, Wayne Nisly who manages the cruise-in pointed out that the cruise-in registered more than 2900 cars this summer. It sure has come a long way from the 18 cars that showed up the very first time I attended the cruise-in back in 2013.
Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts Store:
This month's Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts show in Marysville, Ohio registered 20 cars on Friday evening. The show raised $144 for the Marysville and Milford Center Food Pantries.
Here are the manager's picks (click to enlarge):
LaRue Fall Bang Car Show:
The town of LaRue, Ohio held its Fall Bang Festival this past Friday and Saturday. For the first time, the Festival included a car show on Friday evening. The show registered between 35 and 40 cars. The organizers hope to make it an annual event.
To see more from the Fall Bang Car Show, CLICK HERE.
Performance Charity Car Show:
The Performance Charity Car Show in downtown Delaware, Ohio was originally scheduled for July 17 but because of weather forecasts calling for all-day showers (which didn't happen by the way), it was rescheduled to this past Saturday. As it turned out, it was a good call. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for a car show.
I predicted the show would be the biggest event of the weekend in Central Ohio and I was spot on. The show registered 460 cars. Counting those cars that showed up but didn't register, there were more than 500 cars during the afternoon in downtown Delaware on Saturday.
The show presented awards to the top 100 cars along with 20 Best of Show trophies. My unofficial "Early Bird" or "Are You Crazy" award goes to Sam and Barbara Parks. They arrived in the dark before Sandusky Street was even closed which was scheduled for 6 AM! The longest distance traveled was a car from South Carolina.
The Best of Show award went to Sherman and Austin Buck and their 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner:
Here are a few other winners:
- Best Pontiac - 1959 Pontiac Safare Wagon -Owner: Curtis Conklin
- Best Buick - 1970 Buick GSX - Owner: Jeff Fortner
The October date proved to be so successful it was announced the show will be scheduled in October again next year.
Check out the Performance Charity PHOTO PAGE for a ton more cars, trucks, and bikes from the show.
Marysville Car Meet:
Between 75 and 80 cars showed up at the old Kroger parking lot in Marysville, Ohio for a Sunday afternoon car meet. It was definitely a younger crowd. Mustangs were the popular model of the day. There were a few Camaros and Corvettes and a couple of vehicles you don't see every day.
Other Area Shows:
- The Hebron Nazarene Car and Truck Show registered 111 cars on Saturday. The 1959 DeSoto Fireflite Sportsman belonging to Jesse and Kaylee Bickel took the Best of Show honors.
- Seventy-six cars turned out for the Danville Memorial Park Car Show on Sunday.
Special thanks to Mark and Cathy Krist, Dan Varner, Dale Pearce, and Jeff Shankle for helping make this week's report.
There are still a few events being announced for October and November. For the most up-to-date list of car events in Central Ohio through the end of the season, check out the Save the Dates for 2021 page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top of the page. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
Monday (October 11):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (October 12):
- DQ Hot Rod Gatherings - South Bloomfield
Wednesday (October 13):
- Rusty Lug Nutz Cruise-In - Baltimore
Thursday (October 14):
- Coaches Cruise-In - Gahanna
Friday (October 15):
Saturday (October 16):
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Cruisin’ with the King 2021 - Marysville
- Rabid Customs Rise and Shine - Groveport
- Empty Pockets Trunk or Treat Car Show - Hilliard
- Saturday Nite Cruise at Nik Fixx Automotive - Columbus
- Columbus Cars and Coffee at Midwestern Auto Group - Dublin [Rescheduled to Oct. 30]
- Autumn Car Show - Marysville
- Car Show for Salvation Army Toy Drive - Heath
- One Room School Car Show - Yellow Springs
- Delaware Christian Church Car Show - Delaware
- Bike or Treat 2021 - Newark
- Cars Behind Bars - Marion Correctional Institution
- Jax Wax Street Madness Halloween Edition - Columbus
- Stay Lifted Empire Trunk or Treat Show - Columbus
- Hocking Hills Cars and Coffee - Logan
- Delaware Cruise Night Trunk or Treat - Delaware
Sunday (October 17):
- St. Elizabeth Church Community Festival Car Show - Columbus
- Coffee, Tea and Autism Trunk or Treat - Canal Winchester
- Cruis’in O’Reilly Auto Parts Harrisburg Pike - Columbus
- Dick "Hot Dog" Ryman Wooden Nickel Cruise (12-4 PM) - Heart of Ohio Antique Ctr
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008