Another full week of events with a big Saturday schedule. It would be nice if the events could be spread out a little more between Saturday and Sunday - Not that I'm complaining.
NEWS AND NOTES:
By now most of you know the Performance Charity Car Show in Downtown Delaware, Ohio was postponed on Saturday due to a threat of thunderstorms in the forecast. As typically happens around here, the forecast was a complete whiff. The Central Ohio area recorded no thunderstorms on Saturday that I'm aware of - just rain and drizzle in the morning. Most of the rain was out of the area by noon. A new date for the show has not been officially announced, however, my sources tell me they are looking at August 28 or October 9.
UPDATE: New Date for the Performance Charity Show is October 9, 2021.
After two weeks of attendance in the low hundreds, the Der Dutchman cruise-in over in Plain City, Ohio rebounded Thursday evening with 244 cars. That's darn good considering how hot and humid it was.
Cruisin Classics had a nice turnout on Saturday evening with more than 70 cars at their monthly cruise-in. A "live" band and food truck were there to entertain and refresh everyone. Auto Smarts radio host, Dan "Boots" Longenette stopped by with his recently acquired 2008 Mustang GT 500.
Click here for more photos from the Cruisin Classics cruise-in.
The Mid Ohio Cruisers Car Club registered 54 cars at their monthly show on Saturday at the Burger King in Marysville, Ohio.
This was the second week for the Ramsey's Pizza & Pub Sunday Cruise-In off Northwest Parkway in Marysville, Ohio. Only ten cars and several motorcycles showed up this week. The cruise-in has a lot of potential to be a fun place to hang out on a Sunday morning/afternoon. There's food, adult beverages, and blacktop parking. The cruise-in just needs a little more exposure. And before you say it, it does kind of look like a Camaro meet.
Ronnie Wineka and the Pasttime Cruisers had a good turn out on Sunday for their monthly show at the O'Reilly Auto Parts store on Harrisburg Pike in Columbus, Ohio. Dave Bratton and his 1937 Ford Convertible took the Manager's Pick/Best of Show Award.
To see more photos from the O'Reilly Show, click here.
To round out this week's News and Notes, the Auto Smarts Pepsi Cruise and Ride tour was at Massey's Pizza in Heath, Ohio on Sunday. The show registered 116 cars. Here are some of the award winners from the show.
Starting right to left, Anthony Musick received a Jegs Pick, Tom Stewart - Boot's Pick, and Dale Pearce - Best Truck.
Best of Show went to Jack Dixon and his BMW Isetta.
Special thanks to Dave Bratton, Jeff Shankle, and Dale Pearce for helping to make this week's report.
I'm still adding events for July, August, September, October, and November. For the most comprehensive list of car events in Central Ohio from now until November, check out the Save the Dates for 2021 page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top of the page. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
Monday (July 19):
- Southside Diner Monthly Cruise-In - Mount Vernon
Tuesday (July 20):
Wednesday (July 21):
- Pic-Town Cruisers Cruise-In at the DQ - Baltimore
- Pick-Town Car Meets- Jolly Pirate Donuts - 175 S 30th St, Newark (Location change this week only)
- Jolly Pirate Classic Car Cruise-In - Newark
- Grace Chapel Wednesday Night Cruise-In - Westerville
Thursday (July 22):
Friday (July 23):
- Sonic Drive-In Friday Night Cruise-Ins - Heath
- MRTL’s Monster Truck Thrill Show - Hilliard
- Honda Motorsports Charity Bike Night - Marysville
Saturday (July 24):
- Shakers Public House Weekly Car Show - Columbus
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Cars N' Breakfast - Pickerington
- Columbus Cars and Coffee Meet at Midwestern Auto Group - Dublin
- Iron Pony Custom & Classics Bike Show - Westerville
- Saturday Nite Cruise at Nik Fixx Automotive - Columbus
- Highland Autism Car Show - Highland
- Blackwing Shooting Center Summer Blast 2021 - Delaware
- Battle of the Brands - Sunbury
- Crosstown Creamery Cruise-In - Tarlton
- River Valley Athletic Booster Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show - Marion
- Lancaster V-Twin & Hot Rod Grand Opening Party - Lancaster
- Frankfort Sunflower Festival Car Show - Frankfort
- Jax Wax Street Madness - Columbus
- United Ford Owners Cruise-In - Grove City
- Ninja Xpress Car Meet - Lewis Center
- The Family Festival Car & Motorcycle Show - Baltimore
Sunday (July 25):
- Ramsey's Cruise-In (11 AM - 3 PM) - Marysville
- Whitehall VFW Post 8794 Car Meet - Whitehall
- Dick Marsh Memorial Car Show - Newark
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008