This week Central Ohio has a jam-packed Friday and Saturday line-up of events. Twenty-three events are on the schedule between those two days.
The marquee events this week are the Vettes, Rods, and Classics Car Show in Gahanna, The Vance Outdoor Car Show in Obetz, and the Powell Cruize-In and Pig Out in Powell.
NEWS AND NOTES:
Rain on Thursday dampened the Der Dutchman Cruise-In in Plain City, Ohio. I received word that only 26 cars braved the scattered thunderstorms and showed up last week.
Shaun "Big Dawg" Saunders and the C-Town Cruisers partnered with the Pharisburg United Methodist Church in Marysville, Ohio for a car show/cruise-in on Friday evening.
The show registered 50 cars. A free-will offering 50's style diner was served.
The Best of Show Award went to Janice and Sam Foos and their 1957 Ford Skyliner.
For the other award-winning cars and trucks and more photos from the Pharisburg United Methodist Church show, click here.
The Vanity Gentlemen's Club in Columbus, Ohio was the scene of the Heels & Wheels Car Show on Saturday afternoon. As you can guess by the location and name, it was not your traditional car show.
The Gentlemen's Club registered a total of 55 vehicles. The $15 registration fee also included a door prize ticket. I've got to say those were some of the better door prizes I've seen this season.
Everyone who registered a car got a chance to vote on awards for their favorite Vanity dancer. Since this is a "G" rated website, I won't list the name of the awards. I'll leave that up to your imagination.
The dancers did all the judging. Their pick for Best of Show was William Brown's 1979 Ford Mustang Pace Car.
To see the other award winners and more cars from the Heels & Wheels show, Click here,
At the other end of the spectrum from the Heels & Wheels show was the Purple Door Cruise-In at the Grove City Methodist Church.
The show busted its previous attendance record of 135 cars by registering 174 vehicles on Saturday.
Best of Show honors went to our good friend, Jeff Shankle, and his 1951 Ford F1 pickup.
See more photos from the Purple Door Cruise-In (thanks Dave Bratton).
The Life City Church in Pickerington, Ohio registered 80 cars on Saturday. Registration and everything else I'm told was free.
On Sunday the Buckeye Rod Builders hosted the 41st Annual Poor Man's Nationals at the Pastime Park in Plain City, Ohio. Just like in 2019, the event was free and open to all makes, models, and years. In other words, it was a big cruise-in. And big it was with over 245 cars. Just goes to show trophies aren't necessary to attract a large gathering of cars. Just offer some door prizes, a 50/50 raffle, refreshments, a good location, and some nice weather and they will come.
Click here for more photos from the 41st Poor Man's Nationals.
And finally, The C-Town Cruisers were out at The Point on Main Sunday afternoon for their monthly show at the restaurant. The Cruisers registered a little over 60 cars.
Steve Kidwell received the Best of Show award with his 1965 Pontiac GTO. Charlie Seymour and his 1967 Nova took the Ladies Choice honors.
If anyone has info from the Cardo's Pizza show in Pickerington, please feel free to post it in the comments section.
I'm still adding events for August, September, October, and November. For the most up-to-date list of car events in Central Ohio from now until November, check out the Save the Dates for 2021 page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top of the page. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
Monday (August 2):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (August 3):
- Perco Summer Fun Cruise - New Lexington
- DQ Hot Rod Gatherings - South Bloomfield
- Polaris Hilton Cruise-In Night - Columbus
Wednesday (August 4):
- Pic-Town Cruisers Cruise-In at the DQ - Baltimore
- Pick-Town Car Meets- Pickerington
- Grace Chapel Wednesday Night Cruise-In - Westerville
Thursday (August 5):
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
Friday (August 6):
- Sonic Drive-In Friday Night Cruise-Ins - Heath
- Roundtown Cruisers Summer Nights Cruise-In - Circleville
- Car and Bike Show at Tony’s Bar and Grill - London
- Hosanna Lutheran Church Car Show - Pataskala
- Baltimore Festival Cruise-In - Baltimore
- Karting Classic Car, Truck & Bike Show - Commercial Point
- Downtown Delaware First Friday - Delaware
- Friday Nights Uptown Car Show - Marysville
Saturday (August 7):
- Shakers Public House Weekly Car Show - Columbus
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Cars N' Breakfast - Pickerington
- Rod Knockers Car Club Monthly Car Show - Marion
- Honor Flight/Vance Outdoor Car Show - Obetz
- Vettes, Rods & Classics Car Show - Gahanna
- Saturday Nite Cruise at Nik Fixx Automotive - Columbus
- Richwood Bank Coffee and Cars Cruise-In - Delaware
- Vintage & Artisan Festival - Delaware
- Kings Inn Car Show - Kingston
- Amvets Post 1776 Red, White, & Cruise - Logan
- Red Oak Old West Town Car Show - Leesburg
- Stay Lifted Empire Parking Lot Car Meet - Columbus
- Rhythm Rib Fest Car Show - London
- Caitlin Pugh Memorial Scholarship Car Show - Mount Vernon
Sunday (August 8):
- Ramsey's Cruise-In (11 AM - 3 PM) - Marysville
- Powell Sertoma Cruize-in and Pig Out - Powell
- Hartford Fair Car Show - Croton
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008