This weekend kicks off the July 4th Holiday with a number of Independence Day car events.
Monday (June 26):
- Motor Monday Cruise-In - Newark
Tuesday (June 27):
- Last Tuesday of the Month Cruise-In - Plain City
Wednesday (June 28):
- Picktown Midweek Car Meet & Cruise-In - Pickerington
Thursday (June 29):
- Full Throttle Thursdays - Obetz
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
- Gatsby's Summer Cruise-In - Gahanna
- Leon's Garage Bike Night - Marysville
Friday (June 30):
- Car Guys Sonic Friday Nights - Heath
- Honda Marysville Motorsports Car & Bike Night - Marysville
- Roundtown Cruisers Summer Nights Cruise-In - Circleville
Saturday (July 1):
- Kickstands & Coffee Saturday Meet Up - Columbus
- CC&C at The City Apartments - Columbus
- Red Brick Tavern Cars & Coffee - London
- Yabo's Tacos Weekly Car Meet - Powell
- Cars & Coffee Springfield - Springfield
- Rod Knockers Car Club Monthly Car Show - Marion
- Heart of Grove City Independence Day Car Show - Grove City [CANCELED]
- Stockhands Horses for Healing Car, Truck & Bike Show - Delaware
- Auto Smarts Cruise & Ride at PCC Transportation - Circleville
- Street Elite Corvette Club Open Car Show - Pataskala
- Fifty for the Fourth Cruise-In/Car Show - Columbus
- July Cruise for MASH - Circleville
- Upper Valley Pike Car Show - Springfield
- Hater Hot Rods Cars and Coffee - Commercial Point
Sunday (July 2):
- CC&C at Starbucks - Westerville
- Jeep, Truck, Bike, Classics Cruise-In - Hebron
- Yabo's Tacos Bike Rally - Powell
- Marysville Motors (Formerly Marysville Muscle) Monthly Meet - Marysville
- Heart of Ohio Antique Center Monthly Cruise-In (12 - 4) - Springfield
- Last Sunday Bike, Truck & Car Cruise-In - Marengo
- The Point on Main Street Car Show (Independence Day)- Columbus
- Eldorado's Car, Truck & Bike Show - Columbus
- Junction City Independence Day Car Show - Junction City
For the most comprehensive list of future events in Central Ohio, check out the "Save the Dates for 2023" page. There's also a quick link in the menu at the top of the page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Der Dutchman Cruise-In:
Last weekend was the annual London Cobra Show held between London and Dublin, Ohio. About 40 of the Cobras in for the show attended the Der Dutchman Cruise-In on Thursday. Total attendance reached 245 cars.
Remembering the Classics at Verena at Hilliard:
The Verena Senior Living Community in Hilliard, Ohio hosted a Remembering the Classics event on Thursday evening.
The theme of the event was a celebration of the 50s, 60s, and 70s. A small "classic" car show and Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, and Marilyn Monroe musical tribute impersonators were part of the celebration.
The residents of Verena were given the opportunity to vote for their favorite car. Trophies were presented to the three cars with the most votes.
Jeff Tolley's 1959 Chevy Biscayne received the third-place trophy. Tom Obert's 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang finished in second place.
Dale Pearce and his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup received the most votes. The walker displayed right next to his truck gave Dale a huge advantage over the other cars. 😎
Everyone that participated in the car show was treated to a prime rib or chicken dinner compliments of the Verena.
London Strawberry Festival Car & Motorcycle Show:
Downtown London, Ohio was the scene of the annual Strawberry Festival Car & Motorcycle Show on Friday Evening.
The show registered about 40 cars.
One of my pet peeves is window cards with just a number to identify the car. Spectators and car show reporters like me find it beneficial to know the owner, year, make, and model of the vehicle. Especially when it comes to time to present awards.
Here's the Best of Show winner.
PTFD's Fish Fry & Friday Cruise-In:
It was one owner night at the Prairie Township Fire Department Fish Fry and Cruise-In on Friday evening in Columbus, Ohio.
The show registered 50 cars. There were 50 awards including the Fire Chief's Choice and Best of Show.
The Fire Chief's Choice Award went to Bud Norris and his all-original, one-owner 1965 Ford Mustang
Best of Show went to the one-owner 1967 Chevy Chevelle SS of Russ Annis.
Earth Angel Foundation Super Cruise-In:
The Earth Angel Foundation held its 36th annual Super Cruise-In at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds in Lancaster, Ohio on Saturday.
The event registered over 225 cars. There were a total of 84 awards (80 + four special) presented at the end of the show.
The "Special" awards went to Bob Randolph with his 1970 Dodge Challenger (Kids' Choice). John Nuckles' 1940 Ford Woody received one of the two Goodguys awards. The other went to a T-Bucket from Indiana. Best of Show honors named after the late president of the Foundation, Neil Redd, went to the 1969 Plymouth Road Runner Hemi of Jim Bickel.
Here are some of the cars and scenes from this year's Super Cruise-In:
Pinecrest Car Show, Cruise-In:
On Saturday, the Reformation Lutheran Church in Columbus, Ohio was the site of the 3rd Annual Pinecrest Car Show, Cruise-In. The show was sponsored by the Pinecrest Civic Association and the C-Town Cruisers.
The awards included "Top 30", Pastor's Choice (aka Best of Show), and Club Participation.
Congratulations to The Old Goats Car Club for its third club participation award this season.
The Pastor's Choice or Best of Show went to Bill and Susie Albert and their 1963 Chevy Impala 409.
American Legion Canteen Post 144 Car Show:
Big Dawg and the C-Town Cruisers hosted their first of four car shows this season at the American Legion Canteen Post 144 on South High Street in Columbus, Ohio on Sunday.
Unfortunately, some rain showers passing through the area just about the time registration opened kept some cars home in the garage. The show registered 33 cars.
Best of Show honors went to Steve Shaeffer with a 1965 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible.
The next show the C-Town Cruisers will host at the American Legion Post on South High Street will be the Labor Day Car Show on September 4th.
Other Area Shows:
- The Buckeye Region Plymouth Owners Club hosted its 20th Annual All Mopar Car Show at the Plaza Inn Family Restaurant in Mount Victory, Ohio Saturday morning. Thirty-four cars turned out for the event. In lieu of trophies, everyone that registered a vehicle was treated to a free buffet luncheon at the restaurant.
- Walmart, Empty Pockets, and Nationwide Children's Hospital hosted a car show on Saturday afternoon at the Westpointe Plaza Walmart. Sponsored by Walmart and Nationwide Childrens Hospital with help from the Empty Pockets Car Club, the show registered around 50 cars. All proceeds went to the Children's Miracle Network. Awards were presented to the "Top 40" Cars along with three "Special Awards". Here are the Special Award winners:
- The Marysville Mustang Club hosted its Summer Event Saturday at C&N Motor Cars in Marysville, Ohio. About 75 cars attended the afternoon car meet.
- Anthony Musick's 2017 Dodge Challenger finished in 1st Place for 2001 to 2023 Modern Cars at the Permco Grand Prix at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course.
I especially want to thank everyone that contributed to this week's report. This includes Dave Bratton, Jeff Shankle, Anthony Musick, Dale Pearce, Arch Mayer, Russ Annis, Phil Monroe, and Frank Sanborn.
My wife had a bad fall at Star Lanes at Polaris Friday afternoon and broke her left shoulder. I'll be playing Nursemaid for a while.
I hope everyone has a great week.