Here are the events scheduled for this last weekend of September. Once again it's a big one! If past history is any indication, the two biggest shows of the weekend will be the Sunbury Lions Club Country Cruise-in and the North Hills Car and Bike Show. Both are on Sunday.
CLICK HERE to skip the News and Notes section and go directly to the list of events.
NEWS AND NOTES:
The Der Dutchman Restaurant in Plain City, Ohio held two cruise-ins this week. Their weekly cruise-in on Thursday evening attracted 347 cars. It turned out to be a wonderful evening to hang out with friends.
Saturday morning the restaurant hosted its annual Coffee and Donuts cruise-in. More than 80 cars stopped in for a cup of coffee and a famous Der Dutchman donut. By 11 AM everyone was experiencing a pretty good sugar and caffeine buzz.
To see more from the Thursday and coffee and donuts cruise-ins, CLICK HERE.
Farrow Hot Rods and Handlebars:
Saturday evening the Farrow Harley Davidson Dealership in Sunbury, Ohio hosted their second Hot Rods and Handlebars Car and Bike Show of the season. The event was sponsored by Rabid Customs, Ricart Automotive, and of course, Farrow Harley-Davidson.
The Parking lot was divided into two sections, one for the motorcycles and the other for the cars. Two food trucks and a beer garden provided refreshments. A live band (sorry, don't know the name) entertained the crowd.
Entry to the show was free for spectators and motorcycles. If you wanted your car included in the judging for a trophy, a $10 donation to charity was requested. With the $10 donation also came a 16 oz bottle of Jax Wax Hawaiian Shine, microfiber towel, and air freshener. Not a bad deal.
On the car side, there were trophies for the top 25, third and second place, and Best of Show. I believe there were three awards for the motorcycles.
The car registration forms were not numbered so I don't have an accurate count of registered cars. I'm guessing somewhere around 100 cars with another 50 that showed up but didn't register. All I can say about the bikes is there were a lot of them! I didn't spend much time in the bikes section. There was a lot to keep up with the cars. I did, however, discover (as did many others) a "Legends of Rock" themed bike that was absolutely amazing. You'll have to check it out on the show's PHOTO PAGE. Let me know how many rock legends you can name.
Here are the top three award winners from the show:
Coughlin Chevrolet of Pataskala Car Show:
Coughlin Chevrolet of Pataskala, Ohio held its 12th annual car show on Saturday. Advertised as "Ohio's Best Free Car Show", the event registered close to 200 cars.
The show attracted mostly Corvettes with maybe 40-50 cars being other makes and models. Trophies were presented to the Top 100 cars. There was no Best of Show award.
To see more from the Coughlin show, check out the show's PHOTO PAGE.
All Oldsmobile Car Show and Swap Meet:
On Sunday, the Mid-Ohio Chapter of the Oldsmobile Club of America held their 34th Annual All Oldsmobile Car Show and Swap Meet at Quaker Steak and Lube in Columbus, Ohio.
The club registered 75 Oldsmobiles. Trophies were presented to the Top 20 cars as voted on by those participating in the show.
Even though I don't own an Oldsmobile, the first car my wife and I bought as a married couple was a 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme so I have a little soft spot in my heart for the brand. Unfortunately, I only saw one 1977 Cutlass. It was a 442 not a supreme.
To see more from the All Oldsmobile Show, CLICK HERE.
Other Area Shows:
Reports are the Jax Wax Car Show on Saturday registered close to 400 cars. Steve Andrix and his 1954 Chevy Bel Air received the Best of Show award.
The turn out for Pepsi's Auto Smarts Radio Cruise and Ride at Columbus Auto Resale on Saturday was between 50 and 60 cars.
The Cupola Classic Car Show in Johnstown, Ohio on Sunday had 160 cars in attendance.
If you have any information on other shows in the area from this past weekend, please feel free to post it in the comments section.
Events are still coming in for September, October, and November. For the most up-to-date list of car events in Central Ohio from now through November, check out the Save the Dates for 2021 page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top of the page. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
Monday (September 20):
- Southside Diner Monthly Cruise-In - Mount Vernon
Tuesday (September 21):
- Perco Summer Fun Cruise - New Lexington
- DQ Hot Rod Gatherings - South Bloomfield
- Auto Smarts Cruise and Ride Pistons and Pizza - Heath
Wednesday (September 22):
Thursday (September 23):
Friday (September 24):
- Sonic Drive-In Friday Night Cruise-Ins - Heath
- Marysville Muscle Monthly Cruise-In - Marysville
- Music in the Park Cruise-In - Canal Winchester
Saturday (September 25):
- Shakers Public House Weekly Car Show - Columbus
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Columbus Cars and Coffee at Midwestern Auto Group - Dublin
- Saturday Nite Cruise at Nik Fixx Automotive - Columbus
- Laurelville Fire Department Car Show - Laurelville
- Green Gables Cruise-In - Columbus
- Crosstown Creamery Cruise-In - Tarlton
- Kidspalooza Car Show - Circleville
- Pataskala Antique Power Show Cruise-In - Pataskala
- Stay Lifted Empire Monthly Lot Meet - Columbus
- Square Body Chevy Truck Meet - Mt Gilead
- Columbus Ohio Car Show/Hangout - Columbus
- N&F Performance Car Show - North Lewisburg
- Utica Fall Festival Cruise-In - Utica
- End Poverty + Car Show - Westerville
- End of Summer Cruise-In - Caesar Ford Park
- Cars and Coffee Springfield - Springfield
Sunday (September 26):
- Ramsey's Cruise-In (11 AM - 3 PM) - Marysville
- North Hills Car and Bike Show - Springfield
- Whitehall VFW Post 8794 Car Meet - Whitehall [CANCELED]
- Shamrock Club Classic Car and Bike Show - Columbus
- Sunbury Lions Club Country Cruise-In - Sunbury
- The Gahanna Community Church Car Show - Gahanna
- Minerva Park Fall Cruise-In - Columbus
- 2 Wheels & Trikes & All Other Bikes - Croton
- Dine 2 Donate Classic Car Cruise-In - Columbus
- Ohio State Soundfest State Finals - Columbus
- 2021 Ed Anderson AMC Show - Millersport
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008