This week's list includes the Labor Day events on September 4th.
As a result of continued noise complaints, Columbus Cars & Coffee at the City is giving the residents of the City Apartments a break through Labor Day. The organizers plan to update the fall schedule shortly. I will post the updated schedule as soon as it becomes available.
I also received a report that Yabo's Tacos in Powell, Ohio canceled its weekly meet-up this past Saturday. The meet-up may be permanently canceled as a result of bad behavior the week before. I'm going to mark it on hold until I have more information.
UPDATE: It's official. The Yabo's Saturday Meet-ups from here on out have been CANCELED.
UPDATE #2: Marysville Motors has CANCELED the meet-ups at Ramsey's Pizza & Pub for September and October. The group will focus future efforts on ONE charity car show per year.
Monday (August 28):
- Motor Monday Cruise-In - Newark
Tuesday (August 29):
- Last Tuesday of the Month Cruise-In - Plain City
Wednesday (August 30):
Thursday (August 31):
- Gatsby's Summer Cruise-In - Gahanna
- Leon's Garage Bike Night - Marysville
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
Friday (September 1):
- Ohio Living Sarah Moore Cruise-In - Delaware
- Downtown Delaware First Friday Cruise-In - Delaware
- Car Guys Sonic Friday Nights - Heath
- Union Twp Firefighter's Assoc Car Show - Milford Center
- First Friday Cruise-In - Mt Vernon
- Zucchini Festival Car Show - Obetz
- Springfield Swap Meet & Car Show - Springfield
- Veterans Service Commission Cruise-In - Springfield
- West Liberty Lions Club Labor Day Car Show - West Liberty
Saturday (September 2):
- A Celebration of Wings and Wheels - Carroll
- Circleville Eagles Antique & Classic Car Show - Circleville
- Circleville September Cruise Night - Circleville
- Bark in the Park '23 Car, Truck, & Motorcycle Show - Chillicothe
- CC&C at The City Apartments - Columbus [NO CARS & COFFEE THIS SATURDAY]
- Ohio Collaboration Pre IFO Meet - Columbus
- Kickstands & Coffee Saturday Meet Up - Columbus
- Hater Hot Rods Cars and Coffee - Commercial Point
- Richwood Bank Coffee & Cars - Delaware
- Cruise to Snake Pit (Mustangs Only) - Dublin
- Toy Barn Mercedes Benz Night - Dublin
- Auto Smarts Radio Cruise & Ride: Ten Pin Alley - Hilliard
- Red Brick Tavern Cars & Coffee - London
- Rod Knockers Car Club Monthly Car Show - Marion
- Mechanicsburg First Responders Car Show - Mechanicsburg
- Flywheels Car Show - Prospect
- Springfield Swap Meet & Car Show - Springfield
- Tremont City Car/Bike Show & Barbeque - Tremont City
Sunday (September 3):
- Canal Winchester Labor Day Festival Show - Canal Winchester
- Eldorado's Car, Truck & Bike Show - Columbus
- Indian Uprising All Pontiac Car Show - Columbus
- Ohio Collaboration Pre IFO Meet - Columbus
- Rich Street Roar - Columbus
- The River Church in a Barn Car Rally - Delaware
- Dublin AM Rotary Classic Car Show - Dublin
- Import Face-Off - Hebron
- Jeep, Truck, Bike, Classics Cruise-In - Hebron
- Marysville Motors (Formerly Marysville Muscle) Monthly Meet - Marysville [CANCELED]
- Heart of Ohio Antique Center Monthly Cruise-In (12 - 4) - Springfield
- CC&C at Starbucks - Westerville
Monday (September 4 - Labor Day):
- Annual Labor Day Car Show - Bellville
- American Legion Cantee #144 Labor Day Show - Columbus
- West Jefferson Ox Roast Cruise-In - West Jefferson
For the most comprehensive list of future events in Central Ohio, check out the "Save the Dates for 2023" page. There's also a quick link in the menu at the top of the page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Der Dutchman Cruise-In:
Heavy rains early Thursday morning created standing water in the main field. To prevent damage to the field and the possibility of stuck cars, approximately 90% of the main field was blocked off Thursday evening.
Fortunately, the field on the other side of the fence was perfectly dry so the majority of the 123 cars in attendance parked there. Did I mention how warm it was Thursday evening?
River Pop-Up Meet:
The turnout for the River Pop-Up Meet at Griggs Reservoir in Upper Arlington, Ohio far exceeded expectations on Friday evening. By some estimates, somewhere between 200-250 cars stopped by the meet-up during the three-hour window. Whatever the numbers, it was many cars of all makes models, and years. Here is just a small sample:
Southeast Conservation Club Car & Bike Show:
The Southeast Conversation Club in Grove City, Ohio hosted its annual car and bike show on Saturday.
The Club offered breakfast starting at 9 AM and the usual hamburgers and hot dogs from the grill starting at 11 AM.
The show registered 182 cars and motorcycles. Awards were presented to the Top 25 cars and Top 10 motorcycles. Special awards included Kid's Choice, Club Members Choice, President's Choice, and Most Potential. There were three Best of Show trophies - Best of Show Motorcycle, Best of Show Truck, and Best of Show Car.
Here are the President's Choice, Kid's Choice, Club Members Choice, and Most Potential winners.
The Best of Show winners:
American Legion Post 490 Classic Car, Truck, and Bike Show:
Zenith Kustoms hosted its annual Classic Car, Truck, and Bike Show at the American Legion Post 490 in Whitehall, Ohio on Saturday.
The show was open to cars and trucks from 1997 and older. A little over 60 cars turned out for the show.
Dale Peace's 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup received the Best Truck award.
Scott Harring's 1964 Chevy Impala received a "Top 15" award.
The Best of Show went to Cal Berkey and his 1957 Ford T-Bird.
Buckeyes Proud Car, Truck, & Bike Show:
The Crossroads Events team was in Hebron, Ohio on Saturday hosting the Buckeyes Proud Car, Truck, and Bike Show at the Mill Dam Corner Grille.
The Team presented 29 awards.
The Best Buckeye Display was the "Spotlight" car for this show. That award went to Janice and Neal Thomas and their 1960 Chrysler 300F.
Ernie Lott and his 2017 Ram 1500 Bighorn pickup received the Larry Bickers Daily Driver award.
The 1963 split-window Corvette belonging to Melody Thomas took the Best of Show honors.
Crestview Rehab Center Cruise-In Car Show:
On Saturday, the Crestview Rehab Center in Lancaster, Ohio held its annual cruise-in car show.
The show registered 52 cars.
Chad Harrick's 2018 Dodge Charger Daytona 392 took 2nd place in the 2000 and up class.
Best of Show went to Richard and Ithel Minton and their 1926 Essex 2dr.
Gospel Car & Motorcycle Show:
Mercy and Grace On Wheels hosted its 15th Annual Gospel Car & Motorcycle Show on Saturday in Columbus, Ohio.
More than 80 cars turned out for the event.
Here's a "motley" crew of "Top" award winners.
Jeff Shankle discovered his long lost brother, Frank Shankle, at the show.
James Nutter's 1964 Chevy Impala convertible took home the Best of Show honors.
Toy Barn Corvette Night:
About 30 Corvettes attended Corvette Night at the Toy Barn in Dublin, Ohio Saturday evening.
The generations of Corvettes represented during the evening included C2, C5, C6, C7, and C8.
A couple of rare Corvettes attended the event. The first was a beautiful red 1963 split-window Corvette. The other was a 6th generation ZR1 with the LS9 supercharged engine.
Of course, the evening would not have been complete without an appearance from the current "Top Dog" of the Corvette line, the 2023 Z06.
A Big shout out to the Toy Barn for hosting this event. For all of us Corvette "fanboys", which I readily admit to being one, it was an enjoyable way to spend a Saturday evening. And the complimentary beer was a bonus.
Rams and Rhinos Charity Car and Bike Show:
The Marysville Rhinos Rugby Football Club teamed up with Ramsey's Pizza & Pub in Marysville, Ohio to host its second annual charity car and bike show on Sunday afternoon.
All proceeds from the show went to Canine Collective and the Marysville Rhinos RFC.
There were 31 registered cars in attendance. A State Highway Patrol Officer brought his car but didn't register. 😎
Trophies were presented for first, second, and third place for the cars, Fan Favorite, and Best Motorcycle.
Ryan Miller's 1969 Chevy Chevelle SS took 3rd Place for the cars.
Second Place went to Steve Mattox and his 1967 Mustang GT.
Mike Bostick's 1969 Camaro received the 1st Place trophy.
The 1969 Pontiac GTO convertible belonging to Rick Tillman was voted Fan Favorite.
Best Motorcycle went to a 2016 Honda Fury 1300 VT owned by Zack Goings.
Here are all the trophy winners:
Loser Racing Motorcycle & Car Show:
Shakers Public House on Georgesville Rd in Columbus, Ohio was the scene of the 2nd Annual Loser Racing Motorcycle and Car Show.
The show had over 85 vehicles in attendance. Around 50 trophies were presented to the top cars and bikes. There were no special categories or Best of Show.
Other Area Car Shows:
- Bob Pool's Orphan Car Show at Young's Dairy in Yellow Springs, Ohio had 150 cars in attendance on Saturday. Best of Show went to Bob and Peggy Morgan's 1954 Hudson Hornet.
- Sunday saw 108 cars attend the Moundbuilders Motor Mania in Newark, Ohio.
- Michael Green received one of the awards at the Culp Lake Car Show in Springfield, Ohio on Sunday. If anyone has more info on the show, please post in the comments.
PLEASE NOTE: Because of the Monday Holiday, next week's list and report will be posted on Tuesday.
A big thanks to the following people for sending photos and info about this past week's events:
- Jeff Shankle
- Dale Pearce
- Chad Herrick
- Frank Russell
- Scott Harring
- Michael Green
I hope everyone has a good week! Stay safe this coming holiday weekend. I'll talk to everyone next Tuesday.