This should be my last post from the great state of Florida for this year. Heading back to Ohio on Tuesday. Should be back in Columbus Wednesday afternoon or evening. I hope to see everyone at Der Dutchman on Thursday.
With Sunday being Mother's Day, there is a huge line-up of events on Saturday. No one should have trouble finding something to participate in that day.
Monday (May 8):
- Motor Monday Cruise-In - Newark
Tuesday (May 9):
- No Events Found
Wednesday (May 10):
- Picktown Midweek Car Meet & Cruise-In - Pickerington
Thursday (May 11):
- Yabo's Tacos Bike Night - Powell
- Full Throttle Thursdays - Obetz
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
Friday (May 12):
- Car Guys Sonic Friday Nights - Heath - Delaware
- Throttle Company Bike Night - Columbus
- Creative Automotive Advanced Auto Parts Car Show - Marysville
- Dax's Cruise-In - Radnor
Saturday (May 13):
- Kickstands & Coffee Saturday Meet Up - Columbus
- CC&C at The City Apartments - Columbus
- Red Brick Tavern Cars & Coffee - London
- Yabo's Tacos Weekly Car Meet - Powell
- Dealership at the Plaza Cruise Night - Mt Victory
- Spring Fling All Corvette Car Show - Columbus
- Car N Scouts Cruise-In - Enon
- Mixed Emotions Car Club Car Show - Logan
- Newark Eagles Classic Car Show - Newark
- Conkey Classic Car Show - Hilliard
- Carroll Lions Car Show - Carroll
- Gilead Friends Church Classic Car Show - Mt Gilead
- River Bend Campground Car Show (11-4 PM) - Caledonia
- Marion K9 Project Car Show - Marion
- Crouse Chapel Church Car Show - Chillicothe
- MMC's All Mustang Monthly Meet - Marysville
- Vintage & Artisan Festival Car Show - Delaware
Sunday - (May 14 -Mother's Day):
- CC&C at Starbucks - Westerville
- Wings and Rings Car, Truck & Bike Show - Lewis Center
For the most comprehensive list of future events in Central Ohio, check out the "Save the Dates for 2023" page. There's also a quick link in the menu at the top of the page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
This past weekend saw near-perfect car show weather on Friday and Saturday disappear into morning showers on Sunday which canceled three events.
Der Dutchman Cruise-In:
Attendance at the first cruise-in of the season at the Der Dutchman Restaurant in Plain City, Ohio reached 240 Thursday evening. Of course, there was the usual assortment of low-calorie goodies raffled off at the end.
Delaware First Friday:
The First Friday event in downtown Delaware, Ohio took place on Friday evening. Approximately 38 cars participated in the cruise-in part of the event.
It's my understanding that If you want to leave the cruise-in before 9 PM, you can request assistance from the police to move your vehicle from the designated parking area.
Tri-County's Annual Car Show:
The Tri-County Career Center in Nelsonville, Ohio hosted its annual car show on Saturday. The event drew more the 80 cars.
The awards were hand-made and all the award winners were picked by the students. Our good friend, Dale Pearce, received a Truck trophy. Karson Musick went home with the Best of Show Peddle Car.
NAMI Mid-Ohio Car Show:
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Mid-Ohio hosted its annual car show on Saturday at the Polaris Shopping Mall in Columbus, Ohio. The organization serves Delaware, Marrow, and Union counties.
The event registered more than 80 cars. There were 60-80 vendor booths selling all kinds of merchandise.
The show presented four awards, Best Muscle, Best Classic, Best Modern, and Best of Show. Lynn Wellman and her 1968 Pontiac Firebird received the Best Muscle Award. This was Lynn's first car show. The Best Classic award went to Rex Blevins with a 1955 Crown Victoria. The 2016 McLaren belonging to Joey Lowendick was picked Best Modern and our good friend, Dave Bratton, and his 1937 Ford convertible was the Best of Show winner.
Circleville First Church Auto Show:
The weather turned out to be a little better in Circleville on Sunday than in Columbus. As a result, the Circleville First Church Auto Show registered 85 cars. David Anderson and his 1963 Chevy Impala SS received the Best of Show award.
Other Area Shows:
- The Elgin High School Music Boosters Classic Car & Bike Show in Marion, Ohio registered 91 cars on Saturday. Our good friend, Russ Annis, and his 1967 Chevy Chevelle SS picked up one of the 25 "Favorite" awards.
- Speaking of Marion, The Rod Knockers Car Club of Marion hosted its second show of the season at the Rural King on Saturday evening. There were more than 150 cars in attendance.
- On Sunday, Chad Herrick took home the Best of Show honors at the Eldorado's Car, Truck, & Bike Show with his 2018 Dodge Charger Daytona 392. Brian Z's Ford Falcon received Best Car and Mark Mitchell's SSR Best Truck.
- After the rain moved out of the area, the Heart of Ohio Antique Center in Springfield, Ohio ended up with 50-60 cars in attendance for its monthly cruise-in Sunday afternoon.
This concludes this last report from Florida. Now back to packing.
A big thanks to all the remote reporters who have sent me photos and info during these first two months of the season. The list includes Jeff Shankle, Dave Bratton, Dale Pearce, Anthony Musick, Bling Amobi Breezy, Mark Mitchell, and Russ Annis. Your help has been invaluable!
2 thoughts on “Central Ohio Car Shows, Cruise-Ins, and Meet-Ups for May 8 – 14, 2023”
How do I get my group's event for May 17th thru 19th In Kenton, OH listed here?
Email your flyer to email@example.com