Here is the list of events in Central Ohio for the third week of June. There's something happening almost every day. The forecast calls for some very hot temperatures in the middle of the week.
I was contacted by the Pastor of the Grace Chapel Church last week. I understand folks have been cruising at the Church on Wednesday evenings. There's been a food truck available as well. I've gone ahead and added the cruise-in to this week's line-up. The Pastor didn't mention times, however, from last year's flyer, the time was 6 - 9 PM.
Most weeks I come across a few events that are announced after I post the list on Mondays. It's always worthwhile to check back towards the end of the week for additions or updates such as weather cancellations.
Monday (June 13):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (June 14):
- Plain City Tuesday Evening Cruise-In - Plain City
- Coaches Tuesday Night Summer Cruise-In - Gahanna
- Polaris Hilton Cruise-In Night - Columbus
Wednesday (June 15):
- Wednesday Evening Cruise-In at Grace Chapel - Westerville
Thursday (June 16):
- Full Throttle Thursdays - Obetz
- Der Dutchman Restaurant Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
- Lions & Cruisers - Springfield
Friday (June 17):
- Friday Gathering at Sonic in Heath - Heath
- Springfield Friday Night Cars & Coffee - Springfield
- Cruisin' on the Commons - Millersport
- Igniters Street Rods Cruise-In - Chillicothe
- Dad's Day Car Show - Russell Point
- Washboard Festival Classic Car Cruise-in - Logan
Saturday (June 18):
- CC&C at The City - Columbus
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Cruisin' with the King in 2022 - Marysville
- Tim Howell Car Show - Urbana
- Empty Pockets Bryan Lewis Memorial Car Show - Columbus
- Ava's Magical Unicorns Benefit for CF Car Show - Greenfield
- Columbus Cars & Coffee Meet at Polaris Fashion Place - Columbus
- 5th Annual Ride with the Blue "Escorted Ride" - Westerville
- RNR Tire Express Cars, Coffee and Crumb - Marion
- Earth Angel Foundation Super Cruise-In - Lancaster
- Grace Chapel Car Show - Westerville
- Rabid Customs Rally - Columbus
- Rabid Rally to Earth Angel Foundation - Columbus
- Midwest-Bayless Italian Auto Open House - Columbus
- 3rd Delaware Cruise Night - Delaware
- Marengo American Legion Post 0710 - Marengo
- Street Race Ohio Pop Up Meet - Lancaster
- Benefit Poker Run - Springfield
- Barbara Prater Benefit Poker Run - Logan
- Cruise to Cars & Coffee at the City - Plain City
Sunday - (June 19, Father's Day):
- Cruis'in O'Reilly Auto Parts 2022 - Columbus
- VFW Post 8054 Car & Truck - Mount Gilead
- Fathers Day Cars & Cones - Columbus
- Lancaster Car Scene Father's Day Car Show - Carroll
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008
Check out the Save the Dates for 2022 page. Events are being added daily to the most comprehensive list of car events in Central Ohio.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Der Dutchman Plain City Cruise-In:
I'm certainly not a math whiz. However, there is one equation I know well:
Der Dutchman + Good Weather = Lots of cars
With sunshine and temperatures in the 70s, the Thursday evening cruise-in had 271 cars in attendance this week.
Creative Auto Group/Advanced Auto Parts Store:
The June Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts show in Marysville, Ohio registered 22 cars on Friday evening. The show raised $73 for the Milford Center food pantry.
Here are the manager's picks for this month:
Tim Coulter drove all the way from Wapakoneta to attend the show.
Harry & Mary Wise Memorial/Celebration of Life Car Show:
The Big Walnut Grill in Sunbury, Ohio played host to the Harry & Mary Wise Memorial/Celebration of Life Car Show on Saturday. The show had 128 vehicles in attendance.
I have no information on awards as of this writing. As you can see from the sign above it says awards at 2:00 PM. But then I received an email that there was no judging. So I'm not sure if it was Peoples Choice voting or just a cruise-in. If anyone has information on awards from this show, please feel free to post it in the comments.
If you'd like to see most of the 128 vehicles that attended the show, CLICK HERE.
Immaculate Conception Parish Car Show:
The Immaculate Conception Parish Car Show in Columbus, Ohio registered 52 cars on Saturday.
The show presented five "Favorite" awards and five "Special" awards. The "Special" awards included the best engine, best paint, best interior, "cutest" and best overall. All awards were determined by "Peoples Choice" voting.
The Best Overall award went to John Nuckles and his 1940 Ford Woody pickup. John's pickup is definitely on a streak. This is the third weekend in a row it's received a "Best Of" award. Congratulations!
To see more vehicles from the Immaculate Conception Parish Show, CLICK HERE.
Help a Veteran Car, Truck, and Bike Show:
SVG Motors in Washington Court House, Ohio was the site of the Help a Veteran Car, Truck, and Bike Show on Saturday. Proceeds from the show went to help a veteran in need of a double lung transplant.
The show registered 70 cars. Our good friend and "car show talk field reporter", Dale Pearce, received Best of Show honors for his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup.
Newark Eagles Car Show:
The final show to report on this week is the Newark Eagles Car Show on Sunday in Newark, Ohio. All proceeds from the show went to help rescue, spay, and neuter our furry friends.
Despite the threat of rain in the afternoon, the show registered more than 50 cars. Dale Pearce and his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup went two for two this weekend with a second Best of Show award. Way to go, Dale!
Big thanks to Jeff Shankle, Dave Bratton, Dale Pearce, Larry Walters, and Russ Annis for their contributions in my absence. As some of you know, we're fighting Covid at my house this week. I'm blessed to be surrounded by this group who have volunteered their time to help.