Another big week of car events in Central Ohio. There's one to choose from every day including quite a few on Father's Day.
Monday (June 12):
- Motor Monday Cruise-In - Newark
Tuesday (June 13):
- Der Dutchman's Monthly Cruise-In - Bellville
Wednesday (June 14):
- Picktown Midweek Car Meet & Cruise-In - Pickerington
Thursday (June 15):
- Full Throttle Thursdays - Obetz
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
- Gatsby's Summer Cruise-In - Gahanna
- Jeep Night at Dalton Union - Marysville
- Lions & Cruisers - Springfield
Friday (June 16):
- Car Guys Sonic Friday Nights - Heath
- Cold Beer and Burnouts - Springfield
- Cruisin' On The Commons - Millersport
- Cruisin' with the Mayor - West Jefferson
- Mad River Armory & Range Cruise-In - Springfield
- Washboard Fest Car & Truck Cruise-In - Logan
- Grandview Yard Giant Eagle Pop-up Car Show - Upper Arlington
- NAPA Friday Night Cruise-In - Hilliard
Saturday (June 17):
- Kickstands & Coffee Saturday Meet Up - Columbus
- CC&C at The City Apartments - Columbus
- Red Brick Tavern Cars & Coffee - London
- Yabo's Tacos Weekly Car Meet - Powell
- Cruisin' with the King in 2023 - Marysville
- Street Kingz Monthly Car Meet - Columbus
- Tim Howell Car Show - Urbana
- Street d'Elegance Car Show - Springfield
- Farrow's Hot Rods & Handlebars - Sunbury
- 6th Annual Ride With The Blue - Westerville
- Puerto Rico Mission Trip Car Show - Columbus
- Bash for Banners Car & Bike Show - Washington CH
- Rich's Auto Care Cars & Coffee - Sunbury
- Our Home Car Show - New Albany
- Commercial Point Homecoming & Fish Fry Car & Bike Show - Commerical Point
- Cars For A Cause (Breast Cancer) - Newark
- Altercare North Car Show - Newark
- 3rd Delaware Cruise Night - Delaware
- Hater Hot Rods Car and Coffee - Commercial Point
- June Southern Ohio Tuner Alliance Car Meet - Circleville
Sunday (June 18 -Father's Day):
- CC&C at Starbucks - Westerville
- Jeep, Truck, Bike, Classics Cruise-In - Hebron
- Yabo's Tacos Bike Rally - Powell
- Auto Smarts Radio Cruise & Ride: Moose Lodge 1427 - Columbus
- East West Bar & Grill Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Heath
- Outerbelt Brewery Father's Day Car Show - Carroll
- Leon's Garage Dad's Day Car Show - Marysville
- Triple F Event III - Columbus
- VFW Post 8054 Car & Truck Show - Mt Gilead
- Licking County Cars & Coffee - Newark
For the most comprehensive list of future events in Central Ohio, check out the "Save the Dates for 2023" page. There's also a quick link in the menu at the top of the page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Der Dutchman Cruise-In:
As many of you already know by now, Der Dutchman set a record in attendance last Thursday with 617 cars! Of those 617, 89 were first-time participants in the cruise-in.
The cruise-in was a Memorial to Wayne Nisly's late wife, Luella, who passed away in December.
Wayne was hoping to see 500 cars and got a whole bunch more.
I was told cars started showing up as early as 10:30 in the morning and had to be asked to move so Wayne could cut the grass. A steady stream of cars entered the cruise-in throughout most of the evening.
It was a perfect evening to celebrate the life of Luella who was an integral part of the cruise-in for so many years.
Everyone that brought a car took home a tire gauge in her memory.
I think I can safely say it will stand out as a cruise-in we'll all remember.
Creative Automotive/Advance Auto Parts Monthly Car Show:
Creative Automotive/Advance Auto Parts hosted its third show of the season at the Advanced Auto Parts store in Marysville, Ohio on Friday evening.
The show had 23 cars in attendance and raised $200 from door prizes and 50/50 raffle money for the local food pantries.
The store manager's three picks this month were Wesley Bach (Grandson of the late Cal Rowland) with a 1952 Chevy pickup, Russ Annis with a 1967 Chevy Chevelle SS, and Mike Bonczak with a 1999 Pontiac 30th T/A.
Immaculate Conception Parish Car Show:
Forty-four cars turned out for the Immaculate Conception Parish Car Show in Columbus, Ohio on Saturday.
The entry fee was $10. Dash plaques were passed out to the first 25 cars to register. There was also a 50/50 raffle.
There were Five People's Choice awards. They included Best Paint, Best Engine, Best Interior, "Cutest", and Best Overall. In addition, there were five "Show Favorite" trophies.
Here are the "Show "Favorite" winners:
Here are the "Best" award winners:
The People's Choice BEST OVERALL award went to Tim Hooten and his 1973 Chevy Nova SS with factory "Skyroof".
Amanda, Ohio was the scene of the 5th Annual Cruise-A-Palooza on Saturday.
The show registered 125 Cars.
Our good friend, Dale Pearce, received a Top 20 award with his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup.
Best of Show went to the 1933 Ford Vicky belonging to Jim Deal.
Car, Truck, and Bike Show at Walmart:
Thanks to an approaching line of rain showers, the Car, Truck, and Bike Show at Walmart in London, Ohio on Sunday ended early.
The Best Truck award went to Dale Pearce with a 1950 Chevy 3100 Pickup. Anthony Musick's 2017 Dodge Challenger TA received Best Mopar. Best Ford went to Tyler Combs with a 2003 Ford Mustang GT. My 2021 Corvette was picked Best GM.
Jeremy Ewing and his 1965 Ford Fairlane took home Best of Show honors.
Other Area Shows:
- On Friday evening, the Oorang Bang Car Show took place in front of the LaRue, Ohio United Methodist Church. The show registered 83 cars. Award plaques were presented to the "Top 10" cars.
- The 2nd Annual Harry and Mary Wise Car Show registered 170 cars on Saturday at the Walnut Grill in Sunbury, Ohio. Awards were presented to the "Top 20". Here's a sampling of the cars from the show.
- Twenty-28 cars attended the Jim Allen Memorial Orphan Car Show at High Banks Metro Park in Lewis Center, Ohio on Saturday. Cash awards instead of trophies or plaques were presented to the "Top 6" cars.
Executive Storage Estates Open House:
The last item on this week's report has nothing to do with car shows or cruise-ins but a lot to do with cars.
Dave Bratton and Lou were invited to an Open House on Saturday at the Executive Storage Estates Condominiums in Plain City, Ohio.
As you can imagine from the name, these are "high-end" storage units that one can buy to store cars, boats, RVs, and memorabilia. As Dave described it, "Man caves for high rollers".
Dave sent me some photos from the open house that I thought might enjoy seeing. These units sure beat the heck out of the 10' x 20' unit I have to store my cars.
A big thanks to Dale Pearce, Dave Bratton, Anthony Musick, Jeff Shankle, Tim Inscho, Russ Annis, Phil Monroe, Larry Walters, and Bryan Mauger for contributing to this week's report.
I hope everyone has a great week.