If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Der Dutchman Thursday Cruise-In:
Not much to report this week from Der Dutchman. Only 53 cars attended the cruise-in on Thursday thanks to scattered showers in the area. Not one drop fell on the cruise-in, however. Jeff Shankle and his Phone stayed dry the entire evening so no car photos were missed because of the weather. 😎
Richwood Bank Coffee and Cars Cruise-In:
With two other events in Delaware, Ohio on Saturday and the threat of morning rain, attendance was light at the Richwood Bank Coffee and Cars Cruise-In. Those that did attend not only got a free cup of their favorite morning beverage but were also treated to a demo of Kevins Towing's "heavy rescue" truck. What an impressive piece of equipment!
At the end of the cruise-in, the bank held a drawing for three door prizes. The top prize was a bucket of car care products and a bottle of Henry McKenna Bourbon Whiskey. As luck would have it Adam Lester, the winner of the top prize, rode his Harley to the cruise-in. The bottle of whiskey made the return trip to the bank in his car well worth it.
The Richwood Bank's next coffee and cars is scheduled for September 3, 2022.
Vettes, Rods, and Classics
The Capital City Corvette Club hosted its annual Vettes, Rods, and Classics Car Show at the Creekside district in Gahanna, Ohio on Saturday. Proceeds from the show benefit Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.
The club registered 183 vehicles. As in past years, the rods and classics are judged separately from the Corvettes. Awards are presented to both groups along with a Best of Show winner chosen for each group.
The band Reelin' in the Years made its return to the show as the featured entertainment. If you haven't had a chance to hear the band, you should. They are one of the best local bands in my opinion.
The Best of Show award for the Rods and Classics went to Pat Jackson and his 1954 Chevy 3100 pickup truck.
The 1969 Corvette of Craig Grunkemeyer received the Best of Show award for the Vettes. Craig has the distinct honor of having both of his Corvettes receive the top award at the Vettes, Rods, and Classics show. His 1967 Corvette convertible won the Vettes BOS in 2017.
Here are the "Special" award winners starting with Jim McGruder with the Esoteric Detailing Award.
Mark Lester and his 1967 Chevy Camaro received the Best GM Award.
- Club Participation Award: Corvette Crew
- Gahanna Parks and Recreation Award: Ryan Daniels - 2005 Chevy Colorado pickup
- Best Mopar: Larry Ward - 1983 Dodge Truck D150
- Best Ford: Phillip Lake - 2018 Ford Mustang
- Corvette Car Award: Dan Shillingburg - 1965 Corvette
- Jegs Award: Joel Charriez - 1993 Mazda
- Mifflin Twp Fire Chief Award: Chris Zigan - 2011 Corvette
- Mayor's Award: Larry & Vicki Tisdale - 1956 Chevy Bel Air 2 Dr Post
- Best Import Award: Ryan Daniels - 2019 Honda Monkey
- Wheel Craft Award: Jeff "Chubbo" Williams - 2016 Corvette Z06
- Coughlin Chevrolet Award: Jim Van Paepeghem - 1967 Corvette Convertible
- UBS Muirfield Wealth Partners Award: Cal Berkey - 1957 Ford Thunder Bird
- ISCO Award: Tom & Brian Scott - 1996 Corvette Grand Sport
To see more cars and scenes from the Vettes, Rods, and Classic Show, CLICK HERE.
Powell Cruize-In & Pig Out
Larry Coolidge and the Powell DT Sertoma Club held its 30th Annual Cruize-In and Pig Out Car Show in downtown Powell, Ohio on Sunday.
This year's show registered 111 cars. Unfortunately, the forecast for a 10% chance of rain turned into 100% around one o'clock.
The rain lasted for about 90 minutes. Nothing is more frustrating than getting your car completely dried off from the first shower only to have another shower come through a few minutes later. Thank goodness the sun came back out in time to dry the roads by the end of the show.
The Sertoma Club presented award plaques to the "Top 50" cars and trucks along with six "Special/Choice" awards and a Best of Show.
Here are the "Special/Choice" award winners:
The Best of Show Award went to Matt Reed with a 1968 Oldsmobile 442.
CLICK HERE to see more from the Powell Cruize-In and Pig Out.
Vanity Club Heels & Wheels Car Show (July 30th)
Bob (aka Country) sent me more information on the Heels & Wheels Car Show from July 30th.
The show had it's best attendance ever with 81 cars registered. Bob estimated that another 20 cars showed up but didn't register. Eighteen of the club's "Hotties" were in attendance.
Here is the Best of Show winner and a few other cars that attended the show courtesy of MoBear Photography.
Other Area Car Shows
- The Commercial Point, Ohio Karting Classic Show on Friday registered 87 vehicles. Best of Show went to a Mercury Cougar. Tom Stewart's "Orange Crush" Chevy pickup received a Top 25 award.
- The Heart of Ohio Antique Center in Springfield, Ohio added a swap meet to this month's cruise-in on Sunday. Approximately 80 cars were in attendance.
- On Sunday, Dale Pearce and his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup took 1st Place honors at the Vineyard Columbus East Campus Car Show in Pickerington, Ohio.
- The Kenton Moose Lodge Show on Saturday registered 98 cars.
I want to once again thank Jeff Shankle, Dale Pearce, and Bob (Country) for their help preparing this week's report.