As we quickly approach the end of August, it's another big week for car events in Central Ohio.
This will be the last week for the Full Throttle Cruise-In at Fortress Obetz.
Monday (August 21):
- Southside Diner's Monthly Cruise-In - Mt. Vernon
Tuesday (August 22):
- Mt Gilead Pizza Hut Cruise N' Dine - Mt Gilead
Wednesday (August 23):
Thursday (August 24):
- Gatsby's Summer Cruise-In - Gahanna
- Leon's Garage Bike Night - Marysville
- Full Throttle Thursdays - Obetz
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
Friday (August 25):
- Roundtown Cruisers Summer Nights Cruise-In - Circleville
- Car Guys Sonic Friday Nights - Heath
- Honda Marysville Motorsports Car & Bike Night - Marysville
- River Pop-Up Meet - Upper Arlington
Saturday (August 26):
- CC&C at The City Apartments - Columbus [Cancelled for Next Two Weeks]
- Gospel Car & Motorcycle Show - Columbus
- Kickstands & Coffee Saturday Meet Up - Columbus
- Wayne Webb's Columbus Bowl Cruisin for Charity - Columbus
- Women’s Motor Fest - Columbus
- Hater Hot Rods Cars & Coffee - Commercial Point
- Speeding to Read - Dublin
- Toy Barn Corvette Night - Dublin
- Southeast Conservation Club Car Show - Grove City
- Buckeyes Proud Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Hebron
- Bickford Antique Car Show - Lancaster
- Crestview Rehab Cruise-In Car Show - Lancaster
- Dave Argyle Memorial Car Show - Lancaster
- Red Brick Tavern Cars & Coffee - London
- Hopewell Federal Credit Union Car Show - Newark
- Yabo's Tacos Weekly Car Meet - Powell
- Vineyard Church Community Festival Car Show - Reynoldsburg
- Gearhead Fest '23 - Springfield
- Blendon Senior Center Car Show - Westerville [CANCELED]
- JBSF Cars & Canines - Westerville
- American Legion Post 490 Classic Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Whitehall
- Bob Pool "Orphan" Car Show - Yellow Springs
- Bellefontaine Hill Climb Revival 5 - Zanesfield
Sunday (August 27):
- Shaker Public House Motorcycle & Car Show - Columbus
- Jeep, Truck, Bike, Classics Cruise-In - Hebron
- Last Sunday Bike, Truck & Car Cruise-In - Marengo
- Rams and Rhinos Charity Car & Bike Show - Marysville
- Moundbuilders Motor Mania Car Show - Newark
- Culp Lake Car Show - Springfield
- Fayette County 32nd Degree Masons Car Show - Washington C.H.
- Scottish Rite Fayette Masonic Lodge Car Show - Washington CH
- CC&C at Starbucks - Westerville
For the most comprehensive list of future events in Central Ohio, check out the "Save the Dates for 2023" page. There's also a quick link in the menu at the top of the page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Der Dutchman Cruise-In:
Finally, the forecast was right for a change. At about 5:15 PM Thursday evening, a line of showers moved through Plain City, Ohio soaking the 41 cars that showed up for the weekly cruise-in at the restaurant.
During a brief lull in the rain, Wayne and Victor quickly raffled off the Der Dutchman baked goods. Pretty much everyone still at the cruise-in won a pie, cake, or cookies. I went home with a package of chocolate chip cookies which made getting a little wet worth it.
Ricart Corvette Convene:
The weather couldn't be more perfect for the Corvette Convene at Ricart Chevrolet in Dublin, Ohio on Friday evening.
Somewhere between 60 and 70 Corvette owners turned out for the event. Almost all generations of Corvettes were represented including the 368th one built. The majority, however, were mostly C7s and C8s.
Ricart had several brand-new mid-engine Z06s on display.
There was a DJ spinning the tunes and a Dos Hermanos truck provided food and refreshments.
If you were a Corvette fan, it was an enjoyable Friday evening.
Grace Point Car Show:
On Saturday, the Grace Point Church hosted its 4th Annual Car Show at the Bibibop parking lot on Route 23 and Lewis Center Road.
The show registered 38 cars. Everyone received a door prize ticket with registration. There was also a 50/50 raffle. Money raised from the car show went to support the Grace Point Food Pantry.
Live music was provided by Sparky Brewer. The Bibibop and Panera restaurants were right there for food and refreshments.
Trophies were awarded to the Top 10 cars along with Pastor's Choice, Original Survivor, Kind of Unusual, and Best of Show awards.
The Pastor's Choice went to Daryl Newby and his 1974 Volkswagon Thing.
Rodney Blain with a 1978 GMC Sierra 15 received the Original Survivor pick.
The Kind of Unusual pick went to the 1946 Chevy 3100 DP pickup truck belonging to Jonathan Krabill.
The Best of Show pick was Kevin Foust's 1941 Dodge WC 40 Weapons Carrier. Kevin drove his truck 100 miles to participate in the show.
Carroll Community Festival Car Show:
Downtown Carroll, Ohio was the site of the Carroll Community Festival Car Show on Saturday.
The show was put on by the Lancaster Car Scene (LCS) and registered approximately 90 cars.
Awards were presented to the Top 40 along with a Mayor's Choice, Battle of the Club Cup, and Best of Show.
Dale Pearce along with members of the Old Goats Car Club took home Top 40 trophies.
Jason and Debbie Blankenship's 1959 Chevy Apache pickup received the Best of Show honors.
Canaan Land Church Car Show:
The Canann Land Church with the help of Shaun "Big Dawg" Sanders and the C-Town Cruisers hosted its annual car show in Grove City, Ohio on Saturday.
There were 102 registered cars.
Jeff Ward received the Ladies Choice award with his 2002 custom-bagged Chevy S-10 pickup.
Bruce Hoover's customized 2010 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic took home the Best Bike Award.
The Best of Show honors went to Rod Scott and his 1958 Desoto Firedome Sportsman.
Powell Cruize-In and Pig-Out:
The Powell/Dt Sertoma Club hosted its 31st Annual Cruize-In & Pig Out in downtown Powell, Ohio on Sunday.
There were 145 registered cars and trucks in attendance.
Stockhands Horses for Healing had a display that included one of its ponies for the kids to pet.
Along with the restaurants in downtown Powell, A Cut Above - Schnitzel & More had a food truck at the show.
There was no door prize raffle, however, the show did have hourly 50/50 raffles starting at about 1 PM.
Awards plaques were presented to the "Favorite 60". The "Special" awards included Mayor's Choice, Police Department's Choice, Fire Department's Choice, People's Choice, Best Interior, Best Engine, and Best of Show.
Here are the "Special" award winners:
The Best of Show Award went to Sam and Janice Foos with a 1957 Ford Skyliner. Unfortunately, they left before the awards presentation.
Here's a slideshow featuring all the vehicles that participated in the downtown Powell car show:
Columbus Racing Car, Truck, & Bike Show:
Frank Rusell and the Crossroads Events team along with a lot of beautiful cars were at Quaker Steak & Lube in Columbus, Ohio on Sunday hosting the Columbus Racing Car, Truck, & Bike Show.
The "Spotlight" car for this show was the Dodge Viper. Bill Chandler and his 2008 Dodge Viper received the Spotlight Car Award.
The 2004 Toyota Corolla LE belonging to Nick S. took home the Larry Bickers Daily Driver Award.
Best of Show honors went to Steve Kidwell and Nancy and their 1965 GTO.
Igniters Rod Run and Car Show:
The Igniters Street Rods Car Club hosted its Annual Rod Run and Car Show at Yoctangee Park in Chillicothe, Ohio on Sunday.
The show registered 298 cars. There were well over 300 cars if you included the club members.
Yoctangee Park provided tons of shade to help beat the heat.
Awards were presented to the Top 50 along with "Specialty" awards for Best '34 Ford, Best 50s Car, Best Interior, Best Rat Rod, and the Jim Bucy Memorial Award. There was no Best of Show.
To see more cars from the show, CLICK HERE.
Other Area Shows:
- The Uptown Classics Auto Show took place Friday evening in downtown Marysville, Ohio. The show registered 132 cars. Jeff Irwin's 1963 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport race car received the Best of the Best Award.
- I don't normally cover events east of Newark but I thought this was a cute way to finish off this week's report. Dale Pearce and his daughters traveled to Zanesville on Sunday to participate in a car show at the VFW. His daughters received Best of Show for their peddle car (actually Dale's 3100 received BOS and the peddle car received a Top 20 but we'll just keep this between ourselves).
A big thanks to the following people for sending photos and info about this past week's events:
- Dale Pearce
- Chad Herrick
- Frank Russell
- Kevin Foust
I hope everyone has a good week! I'll see you again next week with the Labor Day weekend events.