August in Central Ohio means lots of car events. This week is no exception. There's a big slate of shows Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
PLEASE NOTE: There has been some confusion regarding the LHS Class of 69 Car Show at the Moose Club on Sugar Grove Rd in Lancaster, Ohio scheduled for this Saturday. The event is marked "Canceled" on the Events tab of the Ohio Car Shows and Cruise-Ins Facebook group. The son-in-law of the person putting on the show has assured me that it is still on for Saturday and is NOT canceled.
Monday (August 14):
- Motor Monday Cruise-In - Newark
Tuesday (August 15):
- No Events Found
Wednesday (August 16):
- Columbus Cafe Racers Lunch Meet-Up - Columbus
- Picktown Midweek Car Meet & Cruise-In - Pickerington
- Wednesday Night Cruise-In - Westerville
Thursday (August 17):
- Gatsby's Summer Cruise-In - Gahanna
- Leon's Garage Bike Night - Marysville
- Jeep Night at Dalton Union - Marysville
- Full Throttle Thursdays - Obetz
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
- Lions & Cruisers - Springfield
Friday (August 18):
- Igniters Street Rods Monthly Cruise-In - Chillicothe
- Ricart Chevrolet Corvettes Convene - Dublin
- Eagles Charity Ride Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Greenfield
- Car Guys Sonic Friday Nights - Heath
- Uptown Classics Auto Show - Marysville
- Cruise Around Dairy Queen - Marysville
- Cruisin' On The Commons - Millersport
- Cold Beer and Burnouts - Springfield
- New Beginning Fellowship Cruise-In - Urbana
Saturday (August 19):
- Moose Lodge 2563 Summerfest 2023 - Bellefontaine
- Carroll Community Festival Car Show - Carroll
- Circleville August Car Meet/Cruise-In - Circleville
- Kermit Vickers Memorial Car Show - Chillicothe
- Walnut Creek Campground Car Show - Chillicothe
- CC&C at The City Apartments - Columbus
- Street Kingz Monthly Car Meet - Columbus
- St Elizabeth Parish Car Show - Columbus
- Kickstands & Coffee Saturday Meet Up - Columbus
- Hater Hot Rods Cars and Coffee - Commercial Point
- 5th Delaware Cruise Night - Delaware
- Toy Barn Viper Night - Dublin
- Party in the Park Car & Motorcycle Show - East Liberty
- Canaan Land Church Car Show - Grove City
- LHS Class of 1969 Car Show - Lancaster
- Grace Point Car Show - Lewis Center
- Red Brick Tavern Cars & Coffee - London
- Special Olympics Tour For The Tigers - London
- Cruisin' with the King in 2023 - Marysville
- Texas Roadhouse #34 Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Newark
- Grace Community Church of the Nazarene Cruise-In - New Lexington
- Yabo's Tacos Charity Drive Cruise-In - Powell
- Cars & Coffee Springfield - Springfield
- Cruzin The Park - South Charleston
- MERFI Wings & Wheels - Urbana
- Family Farm & Home Car Show - Washington CH
- Reasons to Ride Bike Show - Westerville
- Bookbags and Back Tires - Worthington
Sunday (August 20):
- Igniters Rod Run and Car Show - Chillicothe
- Biker Sunday & Hot Rods - Columbus
- Columbus Racing Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Columbus
- Aladdin Shriners Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Grove City
- Jeep, Truck, Bike, Classics Cruise-In - Hebron
- Car, Truck, & Bike Show @ Walmart - London
- Marysville Mustang Club Monthly Meet - Marysville
- Buckeye Valley Family YMCA Car Show - Newark
- Powell Cruize-in and Pig-out Car Show - Powell
- CC&C at Starbucks - Westerville
For the most comprehensive list of future events in Central Ohio, check out the "Save the Dates for 2023" page. There's also a quick link in the menu at the top of the page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
This past weekend was one of those rare occasions where TWO different cars received Best of Show awards on two consecutive days. Read on to find out what cars got back-to-back BOS awards.
Der Dutchman Cruise-In:
Der Dutchman had 231 attend this past Thursday's cruise-in. I was a little surprised more cars didn't turn out. The weather was great.
Creative Auto Sale/Advanced Auto Parts Car Show:
Creative Auto Sale, LLC and the Advanced Auto Parts store in Marysville, Ohio hosted its August car show Friday evening. There were 27 cars in attendance. The show raised $200 for the Milford Center Food Pantry.
This month the Advanced Auto Parts store manager picked his four favorite vehicles to receive a trophy. One of the trophy winners, Eddie and Rita Hampshire, drove from Indiana to attend the show.
Here are the manager's picks:
Gary Zuck Memorial Car Show:
The American Legion Post 677 in Lithopolis, Ohio hosted the very first Gary Zuck Memorial Car Show on Saturday.
Gary passed away in May of 2022. He was a member of Post 677. Over the years, he was instrumental in organizing car shows at the American Legion Post there in Lithopolis. Gary was also a member of the Lancaster Old Car Club and acted as Technical Advisor for the '55 Fords in the Crown Victoria Association.
The show on Saturday registered 84 cars. There were awards for the Top 30 vehicles, five awards for years 2000 and up, eight specialty awards, and a best of show.
Judging was done on a scoring method with the top score being 40 points. Two pairs of judges looked at every car and determined its point score.
Here are the "Just Because We Like It" specialty winners:
The Best of Show award went to our good friend Russ Annis and his 1967 Chevy Chevelle.
Honor Flight Vance Outdoors Car Show:
Auto Smarts Radio and Vance Outdoors teamed up on Saturday to host its annual car show in Obetz, Ohio.
The show had more than 125 cars in attendance.
All the proceeds from the show go to Honor Flight. This year the show raised $123,500 for the organization.
Here are some of the vehicles from the show:
Dale Pearce received the Ladies Choice award for his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup.
The Best of Show honors went to the 1955 Chevy 210 belonging to Bob Kraft.
Tomato Fest Car and Bike Show:
Ohio seems to have a plethora of festivals over the course of the summer. There's the Pumpkin Festival, the Strawberry Festival, The Walleye Festival, and the Bratwurst Festival just to name a few.
Reynoldsburg, Ohio bills itself as the Birthplace of the Tomato and has held an annual festival in honor of the fruit since 1966.
Part of the festivities is a car and bike show which as in previous years is hosted by the Big Dawg and the C-Town Cruisers.
This year the show registered 60 cars. Awards were presented to the Top 30 plus Best Truck, Best Motorcycle, Most Potential/Rat Rod, Junior Cruiser, and Best of Show.
The Best of Show award went to Barry McPeek and his 1932 Ford Five Window Coupe.
To see more cars and bikes from the Tomatofest show, CLICK HERE.
Dub Pub Car Show:
The Dub Pub Restaurant in Dublin, Ohio hosted its second Annual Car Show on Sunday.
The show registered 122 cars. Up from 78 cars at last year's inaugural show.
Proceeds from the show went to support the Back the Blue K9 Unit of Dublin, Ohio.
Awards were presented to the Top 35 vehicles plus Best GM, Best Ford, Best Mopar, Best Corvette, Best Import, Runner-Up Best of Show, and Best of Show.
These are the "Best of" award winners:
Runner-up Best of Show went to Mark Evans and his 1969 Chevy Camaro SS.
Russ Annis and his 1967 Chevy Chevelle SS for the second day in a row took home Best of Show honors.
Lewis Center Buffalo Wings & Rings Car, Truck, & Bike Show:
The Crossroads Events team was in Lewis Center, Ohio on Sunday for the monthly car show hosted by the Buffalo Wings & Rings Restaurant.
The Camaro was the Spot-Light car for this month's show. Mark Lester's 1967 Chevy Camaro RS-SS was the Spot-Light Car winner.
The Larry Bicker Daily Driver award went to the 1981 Chevy Camaro belonging to Tim Richards.
Tim Raines and his 1951 Ford F-1 Restomod went home with the Best of Show award.
Real Church Car & Bike Show:
There were 86 cars that registered for the Real Church Car & Bike Show in Pickerington, Ohio on Sunday. The show helped raise money for the charity "God's Garage".
Chad Herrick's 2018 Dodge Charger Dayton 392 received a Top 10 pick.
For the second day in a row, Bob Kraft's 1955 Chevy 210 took the Best of Show honors.
Hot Summer Nights Cruise-In:
Downtown Bellefontaine, Ohio on Saturday evening was the site of the Annual Hot Summer Nights Cruise-In. More the 300 cars were in attendance.
The cruise-in presented plaques to the "Favorite 50" cars. There was no best-of-show award.
Here is just a small sample of the cars that attended the cruise-in.
42nd Mopar Nationals:
I can't conclude this week's report without mentioning the 42nd Mopar Nationals that took place at National Trail Raceway all weekend and some of the after hours parties.
A big thanks to the following folks for sending photos and info about this past week's events:
- Jeff Shankle
- Dave Bratton
- Chad Herrick
- Frank Russell
- Frank Sanborn
I hope everyone has a good week! I'll see you again next week with a new list of car events and News and Notes report.