Central Ohio typically has more car events scheduled in August than any other month. This week follows that pattern with an extensive list of events.
Another weekly cruise-in started last Wednesday at the OX-B's in Hebron. Now you can cruise at the OX-B's in Newark on Tuesday and the OX-B's in Hebron on Wednesday. Both cruise-ins will run for the rest of the summer.
Monday (August 1):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (August 2):
- Plain City Tuesday Evening Cruise-In - Plain City
- Coaches Tuesday Night Summer Cruise-In - Gahanna
- OX-B's Tuesday Cruise Day - Newark
Wednesday (August 3):
- Wednesday Evening Cruise-In at Grace Chapel - Westerville
- Pickerington Mid-Week Meet - Pickerington
- OX-B's Wings and Wheels Cruise-In - Hebron
- Mount Vernon Pizza Hut Cruise 'N Dine - Mount Vernon
Thursday (August 4):
- Full Throttle Thursdays - Obetz
- Der Dutchman Restaurant Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
- QFM96 Bike Night at Leon's Garage - Marysville
Friday (August 5):
- Friday Gathering at Sonic in Heath - Heath
- Delaware First Friday Cruise-In - Delaware
- Roundtown Cruisers Summer Nights Cruise - Circleville
- Mount Vernon First Friday - Mount Vernon
- Hosanna Lutheran Church Car Show - Pataskala
- Baltimore Festival Car Show - Baltimore
- Karting Classic Car, Truck, & Bike Show - Commercial Point
Saturday (August 6):
- CC&C at The City - Columbus
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Cars and Coffee Springfield - Springfield
- Rod Knockers Car Club Monthly Car Show - Marion
- Vettes, Rods & Classics - Gahanna
- Kings Inn Car Show - Kingston
- Richwood Bank Coffee & Cars Cruise-In - Delaware
- Tomato Festival Car and Bike Show - Reynoldsburg
- Buck Creek Show and Shine - Springfield
- Kenton Moose Car, Truck, and Bike Show - Kenton
- Ohio Horsepower Meet and Cruise-In - Lancaster
- Licking County Family YMCA Car Show - Newark
- A "Casual Porsche Party" & Car Show - Newark
- Throttle Company Ride-In Bike Show - Columbus
- Marysville Walmart Car Show - Marysville
- 5th Cruise-In & Car Show - Delaware
- Red - White & Cruise 2022 - Logan
- Vintage & Artisan Festival Car Show - Delaware
- Pat Anderson Car Show for Dementia - Rockbridge
- Tristenstrong Cruise-In - Springfield
- Butler Car Show - Butler
- Columbus Cars & Iced Coffee - Plain City [Rain Date]
- Hopewell Federal Car Show - Newark
Sunday - (August 7):
- Heart of Ohio Cruise-In and Swaptacular - Springfield
- Powell Cruise-In and Pig Out - Powell
- Whitehall Community Celebration Cruise-In - Whitehall
- Vineyard Columbus East Campus Car Show - Pickerington
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008
Check out the Save the Dates for 2022 page. Events are being added daily to the most comprehensive list of car events in Central Ohio.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
NEWS AND NOTES
Der Dutchman Thursday Cruise-In:
This week 316 plus cruisers celebrated the birthday of Wayne Nisly at the Der Dutchman Cruise-in in Plain City, Ohio. For those of you who may not know Wayne very well, he started the cruise-in back in May of 2012 and has been managing it every week since. Wayne turned 84 on Wednesday. Everyone gathered around the food shed at the end of the evening to sing Happy Birthday to him.
Instead of raffling off baked goods this week, everyone was treated to a cupcake and ice cream to celebrate Wayne's Birthday.
Autosmarts Cruise and Ride at Ten Pin Alley:
Dan "Boots" Longenette and the Auto Smarts Radio Cruise and Ride team made a stop at Ten Pin Alley in Hilliard, Ohio on Friday Evening. The show quickly filled up the parking lot with some cars having to park in between rows. All told the show registered 77 cars. Best of Show honors went to Chris Kramer and his 1970 Ford Torino GT.
To see more cars from the Ten Pin Alley Show, CLICK HERE.
Columbus Cars and Coffee at the City:
A wedding commitment Saturday afternoon limited my event choices for the day. I was bummed I couldn't make Heels and Wheels this year. It's always a fun and different show. Having the morning free, I decided to stop by Columbus Cars and Coffee at the City Apartments.
The nice weather Saturday morning brought out a nice mix of vehicles to the weekly cruise. I got the opportunity to see an all-electric Rivian pickup in person. Definitely not your father's pickup truck.
Here's a sampling of the other cars that stopped by CC&C Saturday morning:
Purple Door Car Show:
The Grove City Methodist Church's annual Purple Door Car Show set an attendance record on Saturday with 160 registered vehicles. The show presented "Top 40" awards along with 10 "Special" awards. Someone made the comment that out of 160 cars 140 of them were trophy worthy. Glad I wasn't involved with the judging.
Our good friend, Dale Pearce, and his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup received the Best Chevy award.
The Best of Show award went to Hank Schreck with a 1970 Chevy Chevelle.
CLICK HERE for more vehicles from the Purple Door Car Show.
Poor Man's Nationals:
On Sunday, the Buckeye Rod Builders hosted the 42nd Annual Poor Man's Nationals at Pastime Park in Plain City, Ohio. If memory serves me correctly, the last time the show charged a registration fee and presented awards was in 2017. Since then the event has become a big cruise-in and swap meet.
I stopped by the Nationals on Sunday morning for about 90 minutes. I think the weather slowed the number of cars coming in early. Attendance was starting to pick up when I left at 11 AM. I have no doubt attendance surpassed the 200 mark by the time the event ended at 3 PM.
For more from the Poor Man's Nationals, CLICK HERE.
Auto Smarts Cruise and Ride at Moose Lodge 1427:
The Auto Smarts Radio Cruise and Ride crew hosted another show on Sunday at Moose Lodge 1427 in Westerville, Ohio. For Dan "Boots" Longenette, this was the third event he was involved with this weekend (Tin Pen Alley on Friday, Purple Door on Saturday, and Moose Lodge on Sunday).
The show registered 46 vehicles. Best of Show went to Dick Kleinhenz with a 1969 "Pro Street" Chevy Camaro.
A second show is scheduled at the Moose Lodge on October 2nd so mark your calendars.
To see the rest of the rides from the Moose Lodge 1427 show, CLICK HERE.
Other Area Shows:
- I heard Heels and Wheels at the Vanity Gentlemens Club in Columbus had a good turned out on Saturday with around 90 cars. I'm still bummed I missed it. Oh well, it was a lovely wedding.
- Dan Kirk and his 1969 Dodge Dart GT took Best of Show honors at the Pinecrest Car Show and Cruise-In at the Reformation Lutheran Church in Columbus on Saturday.
- Dale Pearce, Tom Stewart and Cadillac Mac made the trek down to Sabina, Ohio on Sunday for the Sabina Park Show. The show had 67 cars in attendance. Tom and Cadillac Mac received Top 25 awards and Dale got DJ's Choice. Best of Show went to a 1949 Cadillac.
Important Info about the Mechanicsburg First Responder's Car Show:
I received an email from Damon Reese this weekend. Damon is involved with the Mechanicsburg First Responder's Car Show scheduled for September 3rd. According to Damon, there's been some confusion that the Mechanicsburg Lions Club Show that took place on July 9th replaced the First Responder's Show. This is NOT the case. The First Responder's show to benefit police/fire and first responders is STILL scheduled for September 3. Please pass the word.
I want to once again thank Jeff Shankle, Dave Bratton, and Dale Pearce for their help preparing this week's report. They're a great team!