This week starts the last full month of the season. Many of the "on going" shows and cruise-in will hold their last event for the season this week and next month.
There are lots of trunk or treat events scheduled starting the middle of the October so get the Halloween costumes, decorations, and candy ready.
CLICK HERE to skip the News and Notes section and go directly to the list of events.
NEWS AND NOTES:
The unseasonably cold weather this past Thursday didn't deter 59 cars from showing up at the Der Dutchman Cruise-in in Plain City, Ohio. It was kind of weird to see everyone in long pants and coats again. Looking back, the last time coats were needed was the first cruise-in of the season back on May 3rd.
This Thursday will mark the very last Der Dutchman Cruise-In for 2021. The following week will be the banquet and then we'll have to wait until May 2022 for the weekly cruise-ins to resume again.
Marysville Muscle Cruise-In:
After Thursday's chill, the weather on Friday was just about perfect for the monthly Marysville Muscle Cruise-in at Honda Powersports in Marysville, Ohio. Chris stopped by with his 1970 Ford Torino GT, Jim drove his 800 HP Ultima RS, Ron arrived in his 1980 Z/28 Camaro, and Tim's 1968 Camaro made its return following a two year absence. Unfortunately, the food truck was a no show.
Two more cruise-ins are scheduled for the last Friday in October and November before calling it quits for the season. The weather will be the wild card for these last two meets.
Music in the Park Cruise-in Car Show:
Rained out in July, the rescheduled Music in the Park Cruise-In Car Show took place Friday evening at Stradley Park in Canal Winchester, Ohio . Hosted by the C-Town Cruisers, the event registered about 40 cars. Dale Pearce and his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup truck received the People's Choice Award.
North Hills Car and Bike Show:
After skipping a year because of Covid, the North Hills Church of God in Springfield, Ohio resumed its annual Car and Bike Show on Sunday. The show had a record turn out with 203 registered cars and bikes . The turn out was so big, the church ran out of parking spaces and had to close registration early. Dick "Hot Dog" Ryman was the DJ.
Judging was done by everyone that registered a vehicle. If you've been a reader of this blog, you know I'm not a fan of participation judging. However, the way this show does it makes it a little more palatable. First, there is only one ballot per vehicle and the ballot has your car number on it. Second, participants can't vote for their own car, truck or bike. If they do, their entire ballot is null and void. And third, the ballots can not be turned in until after registration is closed. As with all participation judging, if you come with a club or group of friends you have a better chance of going home with an award.
Unfortunately, towards the end of the show a spectator's car pulled out of the church lot and hit an on coming car going east bound on Moorefield road. The hit spun the on coming car around 360 degrees where it hit one of the bikes parked close to the church entrance. It was a serious enough accident to require an emergency vehicle. Let's hope and pray everyone involved is okay.
Despite the commotion from the accident, the award presentation was only delayed by about 15 minutes. The Church presented awards to the Top 25 cars, the top five bikes, 10 special awards, and a Best of Show for cars and a Best of Show for Bikes.
David Salyers took the car Best of Show honors with his 1967 Pontiac GTO. David's car also received the Cook's Choice aware. The bike Best of Show went to a 1934 Harley Davidson VLD belonging to Craig Biniker.
If you'd like to see more from the North Hills Show, CLICK HERE to go to the show's photo page.
Other Area Shows:
- Bill Repp and his 1972 Chevy Chevelle took Best of Show honors at the Saturday Night Cruise at Nik Fixx.
- The Fire Department in Laurelville, Ohio registered 103 cars at their show on Saturday.
- The Shamrock Club Classic Car and Bike Show had an excellent turn out registering 95 cars.
- The 1956 Ford Parklane belonging to Kim Miklos received Best of Show at the Gahanna Community Church Car Show on Sunday. Our good friend, Dale Pearce, and his 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup took the Best Truck award.
- If anyone attended the Sunbury Lions Club Country Cruise-In on Sunday, please feel free to post info about it in the comments.
- This is the second week in a row I received an email from a reader who went to an event only to find out it was canceled. Last week it was the Cruisin' Classics Monthly Cruise-In. This week it was the Green Cables Cruise-In. I know this can be very frustrating. Groups post their show flyers all over internet but then don't post anything when they cancel. If I find out a show has been canceled, I try my best to get the word out. All we can do is ask that show organizers show some respect to the car community and let people know when their event has been canceled.
Events are still coming in for October, and November. For the most up-to-date list of car events in Central Ohio from now through November, check out the Save the Dates for 2021 page.
If you'd like to be notified by email when a new posting appears, click the Subscribe link at the top of the page. This is a non-profit website. Rest assured your email address will NEVER be sold to marketers. There's no risk of more spam mail in your inbox if you subscribe.
Monday (September 27):
- No Events Found
Tuesday (September 28):
Wednesday (September 29):
Thursday (September 30):
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
Friday (October 1):
- Sonic Drive-In Friday Night Cruise-Ins - Heath
- Roundtown Cruisers Summer Nights Cruise-In - Circleville
- Downtown Delaware First Friday - Delaware
Saturday (October 2):
- Shakers Public House Weekly Car Show - Columbus
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Rod Knockers Car Club Monthly Car Show - Marion
- Cars and Coffee Springfield - Springfield
- Grove City Cruise N Ride at Massey’s Pizza - Grove City
- BGMC Car Show - Columbus
- Tolles Car and Craft Show - Plain City
- Mario Knapp Memorial Car Show - Columbus
- Steve Austin's Auto Group Car and Truck Show - Bellefontaine
- Shine my Ride Xpress Rally and Track Day - Columbus
- Community Christian Church Fall Craft, Vendor and Car Show - Columbus
- Green Gables Cruise-In - Columbus [Rescheduled Date]
- Richwood Bank Coffee and Cars - Delaware
Sunday (October 3):
- C-Town Cruisers All About The Trophy at The Point on Main - Columbus [CANCELED]
- Toy Barn Car Show - Dublin
- Danville Car Show - Danville
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008