It's another good week of Central Ohio Car events.
NEWS AND NOTES:
The weather couldn't have been any better this past weekend and it showed in attendance. As someone said, Central Ohio finally had a spring this year instead of going directly from winter into summer.
Der Dutchman had another strong showing. More than 270 cars turned out for the Thursday cruise-in at the restaurant in Plain City, Ohio.
Friday evening in Marysville, Ohio, The Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts monthly show registered 29 vehicles.
The show raised $173 for the Milford Center Trinity Chapel Food Pantry.
Here are the cars that received awards this month:
Overflow parking was needed for the Empty Pocket Cruisers Armed Forces Day Show on Saturday afternoon. The club registered 178 cars at the VFW Post 4931 in Columbus, Ohio.
The Most Patriotic Award went to Frank Deering and his 2000 Corvette. The 1953 Chevy 3100 pickup truck belonging to Dean Maisenbacher received the Best of Show award.
For more photos from the Armed Forces Day Show, Click Here.
Larry Waters was kind enough to send some photos from the Harvey West Memorial Cruise-In at Alumcreek State Park beach on Saturday. Approximately 50 cars turned out for the event.
The 1948 Chevy Pickup owned by Sam and Barbara Parks in the bottom photo was built by Harvey West.
The Mid Ohio Cruisers hosted their second show of the season at its new Burger King location off State Route 31.
The club registered 72 cars, however, closer to 90 cars showed up during the evening. The Burger King doesn't have an abundance of parking so there was some concern as to where all the cars were going to park. The club did a good job of spreading the cars to part of the lot at Turkey Hill next to Burger King, and the street and daycare facility behind the restaurant.
The Hilliard Historic Village at Weaver Park in Hilliard, Ohio was the venue for the inaugural Conkey Classic Car Show on Saturday. The show registered 65 cars. The show presented eight awards from Shiniest Wheels, Kids Choice, to Best Exterior. All voting was done using a QR code through a smartphone (interesting). All proceeds from the show went to the Conkey Charity for Covid Victims. Congratulation to Tim Foremen and his 2016 Camaro SS convertible for winning the Best Exterior award.
Cruis'in the O'Reilly Auto Parts on Harrisburg Pike in Columbus is the final show in this week's News and Notes report. Approximately 60 cars participated in the show on Sunday. Kevin Foust and his 1941 Dodge WC 40 took home the Best of Show award.
Car show and cruise-in announcements slowed a little last week. Despite the slow down, the Save the Dates for 2021 page still has the most comprehensive list of Central Ohio car events for the 2021 season.
Monday (May 17):
- Southside Diner Monthly Cruise-In - Mount Vernon
Tuesday (May 18):
- Perco Summer Fun Cruise - New Lexington
Wednesday (May 19):
- Pic-Town Cruisers Cruise-In at the DQ - Baltimore
- Pick-Town Car Meets - Pickerington
- Grace Chapel Wednesday Night Cruise-In - Westerville
Thursday (May 20):
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
Friday (May 21):
Saturday (May 22):
- Cars and Coffee Springfield - Springfield
- Spring Classic Swap Meet - Hebron
- Farrow Harley Davidson Hot Rods and Handle Bars - Sunbury
- EZ Credit Cruise-In - Chillicothe
- No Limits Buckeye Meet N Greet - Chillicothe [CANCELED]
- Ugly Mug Cruise-In - Canal Winchester
- Saturday Nite Cruise at Nik Fixx Automotive - Columbus
- Mommas Cruise-In - Springfield
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Shakers Public House Weekly Car Show - Columbus
- Cars N' Breakfast - Pickerington
Sunday (May 23):
- Spring Classic Swap Meet - Hebron
- Minerva Park 1st Annual Cruise-In for the Kids - Columbus
- Whitehall VFW Post 8794 Car Meet - Whitehall
- Powell Sertoma Get Back to Cruisin Cruise-In and Pig Out - Powell
- Jeffersonville United Methodist Church Car and Bike Show - Jeffersonville
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008