A big week for events, especially Saturday with 16 events on the schedule. No excuse not to make at least one car show or cruise-in this week.
NEWS AND NOTES:
The former "On the Rocks" car show is back under a new name. The bar and grill at Karric Square in Dublin, Ohio has undergone several owners since the last car show was held there in September 2018. It is now called the Last Call Music Bar & Grill. The show is scheduled for Sunday, June 20. No other show in Central Ohio could spark a stronger reaction from people than the old On the Rocks show. It will be interesting to see how the new show is received.
Despite light showers in the area, the first Der Dutchman Cruise-In of the season registered 117 cars. Five of those cars were first-timers to the cruise-in.
Over the winter, the restaurant built a larger foodshed to better accommodate the large number of people that attend the cruise-in each week.
Columbus Cars and Coffee held their second meet of the season at Esoteric Fine Auto Finishing in New Albany, Ohio. Even with temperatures in the 40s Saturday morning, there was an excellent turnout. If you're into high-end, exotic cars this was the place to be.
Boots and the Auto Smarts Radio team were in Upper Arlington, Ohio on Saturday for the fourth Annual Jim Hamilton Car Show. The show registered 135 cars with a bunch more showing up but not registering.
The Best of Show award went to Perry Lynch with a 1937 Chevy 2 door sedan.
If you grew up in Columbus in the '60s and '70s and you had a "hot" car, you knew Jerry's Drive-In at the corner of High Street and Morse Road was the place to hang out. You couldn't miss the huge pulsating neon red arrow as you drove down High Street.
The last cruise-in at that location took place Saturday evening. The Tee Jayes restaurant currently there now will soon be replaced by a Chic-FiL-A. It's always sad to see an era come to a close. Lots of folks have fond memories cruising through that parking lot. A big shout out to Chad Shirtzinger for organizing this final cruise-in.
It was another big week for car show and cruise-in announcements. Check out the Save the Dates for 2021 page for the most comprehensive list of upcoming Central Ohio car events.
Tuesday (May 11):
- Perco Summer Fun Cruise - New Lexington
Wednesday (May 12):
Thursday (May 13):
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
Friday (May 14):
- Sonic Drive-In Friday Night Cruise-Ins - Heath
- Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts Car Show - Marysville
Saturday (May 15):
- Cruisin’ with the King 2021 - Marysville
- Rabid Customs Rise and Shine - Groveport
- Cruisin’ Classics Monthly Cruise-In - Columbus
- Empty Pockets Armed Forces Day Car Show - Columbus
- Geer Gas Car Show - Columbus
- Second Delaware Cruise Night 2021 - Delaware
- Conkey Classic Car Show - Hilliard
- Harvey West Memorial Cruise-In - Alumcreek State Park Beach
- Ninja Xpress/Automotive Appearance Pros Car Meet - Lewis Center
- Carroll Lions Car Show - Carroll
- Moose Lodge 1427 Corvette Show - Columbus
- Dragin Angels Cruise-In - Washington Court House
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Tailpipes and Tattoos Car Meet - Canal Winchester
- Cars N' Breakfast - Pickerington
- OCM Jax Wax Meet - Columbus
Sunday (May 16):
- Cruis’in O’Reilly Auto Parts Harrisburg Pike - Columbus
- British Car Day - Columbus
- Cars and Coffee Marion Mt Gilead Rd - Marion
- Martinsburg Activity Center Car and Truck Show - Martinsburg
- Columbus Supercars Season 1 Opener Benefitting Make-a-Wish - Columbus
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008