Another big week of events in Central Ohio. The Auto Smarts crew will be in Grove City on Saturday. The Hilliard Historical Society is holding their annual car show, and the Empty Pockets Cruisers will be at Dave and Busters in Hilliard on Sunday for the Spring into Summer event.
NEWS AND NOTES:
Does anyone have any information on the Vintage Auto Club of Delaware? Is the club still active? Only four cars associated with the club showed up for the First Friday Cruise at Freddie’s on Rt 23. There was no music, door prizes, or 50/50 raffle. I heard a rumor the club has disbanded. If this rumor is true, please let me know in the comments.
Speaking of Delaware, the downtown First Friday event made the last-minute decision to block off part of Sandusky Street for classic cars to park. Whether or not this continues next month and beyond is still to be decided.
The Delaware Richwood Bank restarted their monthly Saturday morning cruise-ins. This month's cruise-in wasn't well advertised so only 19 cars turned out. Anyone bringing a car could get a free cup of coffee or latte from the coffee bar inside the bank. Participants were also eligible to register for several door prizes. The bank plans to hold two more cruise-ins on the first Saturday in August and September. They are tentatively planning a Halloween cruise in October weather permitting.
Because of inclement weather, The Cruisin' The Point Car, Bike, and Truck Show benefitting Summit for Soldiers was postponed a week. The show on Saturday registered a little over 50 cars. The Best of Show award went to Cadillac Mac and his Ford Galaxy 500.
On Sunday, Big Dawg and the C-Town Cruisers hosted the second show of the weekend at The Point on Main Sports Bar and Grill. The Point has become the quasi home base for the C-Town Cruisers.
Fifty-one cars registered for Sunday’s event. Once again more cars showed up that didn’t register.
Jeff Tolley and his 1965 Chevy C-10 pickup received the inaugural Larry Bickers Memorial Award. Larry passed away in May and was a regular participant at C-Town Cruiser events. The award will be presented at every C-Town Cruiser show going forward. It will be given to the individual who demonstrates a love for cars and exemplifies the car show/cruise-in culture.
The Ladies Choice selection went to the 1959 Cadillac belonging to Phillip Cunningham.
The Best of Show pick went to Jed Pallone with a 1952 Cadillac Coupe DeVille.
A bunch of Central Ohio car show regulars headed south on Sunday to the Lancaster, Ohio Fairgrounds for the Lancaster Old Car Show.
I’m told attendance was about 75% of what it had been in pre-Covid years. Despite the drop in attendance, the show still attracted more than 300 cars. The show presented awards to the top 50. There was no Best of Show.
If you would like to see more photos from the C-Town Cruisers and Lancaster shows, CLICK HERE.
A big shout out to Jon Kelly and Larry Walters for sending in photos to help make this week’s report.
The events keep coming. The calendar is starting to fill in for July, August and September. To see an up-to-date list of events for the rest of the year, head on over to The Save the Dates for 2021 page.
Tuesday (June 8):
- Perco Summer Fun Cruise - New Lexington
Wednesday (June 9):
- Pic-Town Cruisers Cruise-In at the DQ - Baltimore
- Pick-Town Car Meets- Pickerington
- Grace Chapel Wednesday Night Cruise-In - Westerville
Thursday (June 10):
- Der Dutchman Weekly Cruise-In - Plain City
Friday (June 11):
- Sonic Drive-In Friday Night Cruise-Ins - Heath
- Creative Automotive/Advanced Auto Parts Car Show - Marysville
- Mad River Armory and Range Cruise-In - Springfield
- Circleville Cruise-In - Circleville
Saturday (June 12):
- Shakers Public House Weekly Car Show - Columbus
- Grove City Cars and Coffee - Grove City
- Cars N' Breakfast - Pickerington
- Auto Smarts Cruise and Ride at the Grove City Baptist Church - Grove City
- Saturday Nite Cruise at Nik Fixx Automotive - Columbus
- Central Crossing HS NJROTC Car and Bike Show - Grove City
- Upine Biker Bash, Car Show, and Cruise-In - Sunbury
- Hilliard Historical Society Car Show - Hilliard
- Lakewood Athletic Boosters Car Show - Hebron
- Second Saturday Cruise-In at Thorpe Garage - Johnstown
- National Street Rod Association Appreciation Day - Washington Court House
Sunday (June 13):
- Empty Pockets Cruisers Spring into Summer Show - Hilliard
- Corvettes at Roscoe Village - Coshocton
- Masseys Pizza and 99.7 The Blitz Car/Bike Show - Heath
Rube's Cruisin' News - 614-274-6008